Thread: Icovia Room Planner

Default Icovia Room Planner

One of the best things you can do before buying new furniture is lay out the room to scale and see what fits. A company called Icovia has a great room planner that's relatively easy to use.

To use the planer click on this link:

http://designedition50.icovia.com/ic...spx?promo=RCZP

You can then work up your room layout.

Have fun!

Update 2-23-11 : I have canceled my account due to the monthly cost and low usage. You can use their designer edition for free, but won't be able to save the work.
    Last edited by drcollie; 02-23-2011 at 11:34 AM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Furniture Barn Guest

Default Re: Icovia Room Planner

Hi Dr. Collie,

We have the room planner also, and although several people use it, I do not see anyone coming in with any printed sheets showing their room's layout. So I am not sure if the cost is worth it. A nice feature is having the ability to post your plan on Facebook, however this option is a bit costly.

3. 02-12-2011

kittyc Guest

Duane,
    I have done the Icovia room planner but need a second set of eyes. I am getting a 122" x 46" long dining room table and also a 79" x22" buffet. I am thinking an 18" x 15" dining room. I am afraid to go smaller lengthwise. I want the table displayed at 122" as well. (no leaves taken out). Can you let me know your thoughts? I saw that you would recommend a 96" table for 16"x12" dining room so think my measurements will be ok.
    Thanks so much!

A 10' table in an 18' room give you 4' of walk around space on the ends. It takes at least 2' to pull a chair out and that means you have 2' beyond that. 122" is a lot of table for that room size, but do-able if you want to fill the room with table and chairs.

I have a 21' x 18" dining room in my house and have a 120" x 48" table in there, but only display it at 100" as I like to preserve the space (we leave out one 20" leaf ad only install it if we are having more than 8 for dinner). I custom-built my table for that dining room and as you can see I tend to be conservative on measurements. I see a LOT of homes overcrowded with furniture and only a few that are less full. Less full looks better - its a common mistake to put too much furniture in a given space.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

kittyc Guest

Thanks so much Duane. Based upon your recommendation I am definitely adding some sq footage to the dining room and displaying with one less leaf. You are absolutely right.
    Thanks again!