Thread: UPDATE: New Furniture is in: From "Help me with adding seating in Living room"

mattsam Guest

Default UPDATE: New Furniture is in: From "Help me with adding seating in Living room"

Hello again, I went and picked up some great Taylor King Furniture for my room after your recommendations.

A little recliner, pretty good for us as we are not tall people. Its a little strange because it doesn't support you head when reclined, and my feet hang over the end ?? But very comfortable and looks real nice.

Then we got a much larger sectional that really fitted our expanded family!

I'll add the before pics at the end.

I'm down to needing advice on a rug (this one was in another room). Do we need a table? If so what could we use. The ottoman is quite large and needed for us.
    And the window treatments. We know these are no good.

Thanks again,
    Matt
    After

Pictures are added behind the sectional now

Entry way

Fabrics

Before

elementscf Guest

Default Re: UPDATE: New Furniture is in: From "Help me with adding seating in Living room"

Hey!

Great looking room. I like the look of it much more than the previous. You guys did a great job with it!

As far as a rug and table goes, I feel maybe a table without a rug would look good. I understand many people might beg to differ, but I think it would look nice especially complimenting the end tables by the couches.

If you do go for a rug, I feel one that matches the couch in color scheme would look nice. Hope this helps! keep up the good work!

Evan

Elements Contract Furnishings

organic_smallhome Guest

Default Re: UPDATE: New Furniture is in: From "Help me with adding seating in Living room"

It looks fantastic!!!

About the rug: If it were me, I think I would try moving the rug so that the sofa sits on it (a few inches in), center the ottoman, and then move the new recliner further in a bit, as well. I don't think you need a table. The ottoman can serve as a table, if needed, and you already have two end tables. I think yet another table would make things look a bit crowded.
    Last edited by organic_smallhome; 11-01-2010 at 09:01 PM.