An even better image is our previous dog (a Sheltie) used to pick them up by their tails (one at a time of course) and spin 'round and 'round then let them fly! True story. I used to be horrified but those darned ferts just kept coming back for more <ROFL> One must then surmise that there must have been some fun factor involved because, regardless of the size of one's brain, if it hurt they should run for cover!! There's a sound they make called "dook" (sounds like chuckling) and they would war-dance and dook like there was no tomorrow.

My DH may as well be called legally blind, not to diminish your DH's challenges, but I had to laugh when I would show him photos of the leathers from H&M's site and the only colors he could discern were blacks and beiges, regardless of what I was showing him. His choice of leather came down to a tactile response only.

Thank goodness for us gals and our detail orientation. To wit...I find the best place to hide a gift for my DH is right in plain site <sigh>