Thread: Hancock & Moore Cabo Sofa and Chair in Antelope Almond and Nugget

Default Hancock & Moore Cabo Sofa and Chair in Antelope Almond and Nugget

The Cabo series is one that I wish more folks shopping for transitional styles would take a look at. Great form, and I think they're the best sitting (comfort-wise) of the pieces in this category.

Antelope remains the nearly 'perfect' hide for what most want. It combines a fully protected hide with low surface sheen, a rich elegance to the touch and is supple and luxurious. Its not inexpensive at a GR4 price point, but for those whose budget allows for that category, its an excellent choice and all who seem to buy it are very pleased with it.

These pieces were ordered for one of our forum members, and the color combo is great (1 sofa, 2 chairs) to coordinate in a room rather than all the pieces being in just one color. Recommended.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cabosofa1.jpg 
Views:	1543 
Size:	155.5 KB 
ID:	1866   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cabosofa2.jpg 
Views:	1936 
Size:	155.2 KB 
ID:	1865   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CaboChair1.jpg 
Views:	2020 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	1864   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cabochair2.jpg 
Views:	1585 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	1867  
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

squirt Guest

Default Re: Hancock & Moore Cabo Sofa and Chair in Antelope Almond and Nugget

Wow...LOVE the combo! May be the end of my long search...really like the wood along the bottom of the chair on side view (hopefully the sofa has that too?!) What are the dimensions of the chair and sofa? Unfortunately I don't see it listed on the H&M website...is it still available? What are the leather choices posted above? I really like the color combo as well. Thank you!!!!

squirt Guest

sorry about the obvious question...antelope almond and nugget are the leather choices...yes, I can read still would love to know about availability though please...then price too if you will tell me how to contact you for that. thanks!

wintersummer Guest

Duane - Thanks for posting these photos!

I've been looking for transitional type pieces and thought we'd made our decisions. However, I've never seen the Cabo series. I just went to the H&M website and searched for "Cabo" and couldn't find it. How am I missing it? Oh, gosh, this is a nice sofa.....I hope seeing this image doesn't make me go back and start re-thinking my decisions! (which were pretty firm, with exception of fabric choices)

The Cabo series is retired. The Donovan is nearly identical (except for the wooden legs/base) and is still current as models # 4694 (sofa), # 4693 (chair) and # 4692 (ottoman).

HOWEVER
    , on a hunch I called H&M and they still have (9) Cabo sofa frames ( 4721) and (15) Cabo chair frames (# 4719) in inventory that can be built. Pricing has to be on a per quote based on hide selection. So if you really want one, you can still get one.
    Duane Collie

squirt Guest

Hey there Duane,

I am new to this forum deal, but you have really piqued my interest with the cabo sofa and chairs, and I would like your opinion on leather selection before I ask for a quote.

I have so many leather samples already at home, but unfortunately not the antelope almond or nugget. I hadn't considered two contrasting leather colors, was originally going to go with all brown for chairs and couch (like aspen tobacco or quintessence bark...equestrian truffle is very nice too, though aspen tob and QB were my top picks as they were blending well with some ralph lauren fabrics I wanted to use in room)

If looking at contrasting color with the brown (asp tob or QB or equestrian truffle), a sample color/feel I do have at home that I like is the lambskin wheat...though it is class v and i imagine would be very spendy on a couch, plus it mentions on sample that hides are small and would have to be seamed.

Do you have suggestions for a contrast leather to use similar to color of lambskin wheat that would coordinate well with one of the browns I have listed?

Once I zoom in on a final color, I will PM you for a quot on cabo couch and two chairs. THANK YOU!

ps if I knew how to attach a photo, I'd send you a picture of the space we are working with...and show you my fabric samples that will be used as accents.

I'd stay away from Lambskin for a mainstream sofa, its just too fragile unless you are prepared to take no food or drink to the sofa other than water. While its elegant and fun, its susceptible to staining and is usually better off in low use environments such as bedroom chairs and formal living rooms, where food and drink are not in play.

Quintessence will give you a near-Lambskin look and feel and while certainly not impervious to everything, it will stand up to most spills that are not oily or acid based. Antelope is a fully protected cousin of Quintessence. Aspen is what we call 'the poor mans Antelope" as it has much of that characteristics of the GR 4 hide, but at a GR 2 price.

Hides I like for contrast with Q-Bark and A-Tobacco:

Quintessence Camel
    Weston Cane
    Old English Mushroom

Hope that helps.
    Duane Collie

Judyg951 Guest

I know this is reenacting an old thread, but are there any of these frames still left? If so what is the size and are there any chair's available?

Thanks

BevoGal Guest

Again, that Antelope Almond is gorgeous - especially combined with a contrasting color.