Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boyles Furniture is GONE

Lefty Guest

Default Re: Boyles Furniture is GONE

I am certain that your information is better sourced than that of the liquidator! I said at the time, I can't imagine how anyone could spend that much money on a house in North Carolina...maybe in the south of France but not NC!!! Thanks for the correction!

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    I am certain that your information is better sourced than that of the liquidator! I said at the time, I can't imagine how anyone could spend that much money on a house in North Carolina...maybe in the south of France but not NC!!! Thanks for the correction!
    If the expenditure was at that level, I expect you'll find that much of the expense was in the land. (Half or all of a private island or peninsula, for example.)

boatingwoman Guest

OMG! I just joined this forum because I just heard today that Boyles is gone. All of the stores? I have always used them for my furniture needs and thought they had great service! I'm devastated! I sent them an email today through the website to get pricing for some Kincaid pieces for my son.

As a consumer, I am actually happy to purchase sight unseen through the internet-- as long as the brand is quality, made of solid wood and the company is reputable... I'm o.k taking the chance. I have yet to be disappointed; I live in a town where there is an Ashley Furniture, but I'm not interested in buying CRAP. I guess that makes me old school-- furniture is art and should be handed down through the generations. (oh, and I don't consider Pottery Barn and places with "tropical woods" to be quality either). I also want furniture made in the U.S.A.

Manufacturer web sites have all the dimensions for the pieces and will answer any questions a consumer has. I get that people like to see the furniture, but if you do your research, you can take your chances.

Anyway.... hello, all. And boo that Boyles is out of business!

Boatingwoman

Yes, the chain is in bankruptcy. They are still open for business, but it would not be wise to order anything requiring a deposit as there chances are very good that they are on 'no-ship' status with many suppliers. Its perfectly fine to buy something off the floor that you can 'cash and carry' however.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

levitt11 Guest

Ever notice when Extreme Make-Over does their show and puts furniture in those homes - it is always crap furniture from places like Ashley - or other places - they did one near me - and no sooner did they finish the home with furniture included - then the furniture store closed - and reopened with a new name <lol>. I now wonder what the people think about the furniture in that home <g>. But they gush all over when the show is on the air about how wonderful it is - when on site I asked the people doing the work - how they did things so quickly - one would be surprised at the answers <eek>. Again, it's all about "quality workmanship".

We have had so many well know private furniture stores go out of business in our area, it's hard to keep up with whom is still in business now

You can bet that companies featured in those programs are either giving them the furniture at no charge, or even paying them to showcase it. Happens all the time.

The furniture industry has been hit hard the past ten years or so. So many stores have gone under and are STILL going under. At one time I had (6) people working in my store on a Saturday. And there would be 20 to 30 customers in the store on a Saturday all at once. Now days there is just me - and my part time delivery guys. And I'm lucky to see 20 customers the whole day. Even the major manufactuer's - all of them - work 4 day weeks with Fridays idle.
    Duane Collie

James Raynor Guest

I noticed that Boyles' web site is still active. Was the name / remaining stores / web site acquired by someone? I know that Robb & Stucky's is opening again soon now with new unimproved Chinese ownership.

aviator8 Guest

This would certainly explain why i never received a price quote from them on a Chadwick sofa :-(

As far as I know there are no plans for anyone to assume the Boyles stores. In this economic climate, the fastest way to lose a LOT of money is to take over a bankrupt chain.
    Duane Collie