Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast

Thread: Hancock & Moore Cushions

Default Re: Hancock & Moore Cushions

We definitely think we're going with the standard seat cushions, we just don't know what is best for the backs. Does it matter with the recliner if you get standard backs (Ghent)? I've never had a recliner before so not sure.

Just stay with standard is my recommendation.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    From the H&M Catalog, describing the various cushion options.

Name:  Cushions0002.jpg
Views: 14156
Size:  159.8 KB
    From the H&M Catalog, describing the various cushion options.
    From what I can make of the BACK cushions offered in Hancock Moore on this picture you attached, there are only three options. Fiber plush back cushions, premium white goose feather and down cushions, and ultra down back cushions. Which one is considered standard, not by what normally comes on floor models, but rather standard as in Qualux foam or are none of those three considered that? I've never seen a model with fiber plush back cushions so is that something that is extra?

Also, which is firmer of the three offered? I'm assuming that the premium white goose feather/down cushions would be the softest/cushiest of the three followed by ultra down and then the fiber plush back? I don't want a super cushy back that I'm literally falling into without much support, but don't want it hard as a brick either. Are standard seat cushions the same as standard back cushions (meaning the same material used)? I guess I want something in the middle, not too cushy and not too firm, which of those three is what I'm looking for? I don't know why this is confusing me so much, LOL. I'm close to making a decision, just want to understand the back cushion part before we make our final decision.

At Hancock & Moore, Qualux Seats and Fiber Plush Backs are standard. There are no Qualux backs and there are no Fiber Plush seats.

Fiber Plush Backs are the most firm of the three available and the most popular. Again, everything is subjective, but I've only come across one customer who said that standard backs were too hard for her. We never sell Premium White Goose Feather Down backs or seats - they are far too soft and need constant fluffing.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahc View Post
    At Hancock & Moore, Qualux Seats and Fiber Plush Backs are standard. There are no Qualux backs and there are no Fiber Plush seats.

Fiber Plush Backs are the most firm of the three available and the most popular. Again, everything is subjective, but I've only come across one customer who said that standard backs were too hard for her. We never sell Premium White Goose Feather Down backs or seats - they are far too soft and need constant fluffing.
    If standard backs are fiber plush backs then that sounds like what I need to order then as the ultra down BACKS are too soft for us. Thanks for explaining this so patiently with me.

Any thoughts on good timing strategy for switching the seat cushions around on a sofa in Tilton Lager with Down cores to slow down puddling?

Like most sofas....the middle seat gets zero use. The left side gets 80% of the use while the right side gets the rest. The left seat is just barely starting to show a puddle...which I accept as normal wear but would like to equalize it out over the other cushions as well so it doesn't look asymmetrical. All cushions are straight cushion.

Any suggestion on where I could label the cushion so I can remember which cushion started where? Probably overkill but it would be fun to track objectively vs. just going by visual subjective "puddleness" of each cushion.

Many thanks!

What I have done personally is just take a look at the cushions and switch the "highest" cushion with the lowest one with most puddling and then move the others. Basically it seems they end up just being moved down one space on the sofa. My right side gets the most use so that gets removed and them middle cushion moved into its place, which is always the highest, the left cusion gets moved into the middle and the right cushion to the left end. But really only the right one gets used much at all in my case so it doesn't matter as much the order of the other two. Basically I would put the lowest one in the middle, the next next highest in the less used seat and the highest to the most used seat. I do it less on a schedule and more on what I see. When I can see some puddling and the cushion visibly looks a little lower than the others I switch them. It has worked pretty well for 3 or 4 years now and they seem to recover pretty well.

You can always just put a piece of paper under each cushion with it's original position and then move them when you move the cushions.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I'll probably do both!

Label them with the paper...I can just move the paper when I move the cushion...no need to tape it or anything...and then I will have a record.

I'll move the middle cushion over the toe most used side (left side) and then keep an eye on it. I honestly like the look of a little puddling...gives a feeling of comfort and warmth to the sofa...like it is actually being used...just want it to be even on all the cushions haha!

Cheers!

I'm going to go on record and say my new recommended cushion core for seats is Spring Down. They have made so many advancements in this Marshall-Unit core in the past two to three years that its worth the added cost in my opinion. There is less breakdown than in standard cores and also Ultra Down, and that comes back to you as the buyer in longevity WITH comfort. I have Spring Down in my newest chair (2 months old) at home, a Westwood Recliner in Burnished leather, and I love it. The construction of a Spring Down core is totally different than foam based as well.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.