Thread: Purchasing a new sofa

Newtoleather Guest

Default Purchasing a new sofa

Hi, Im new to the forum. Thanks for having me.
    If you dont mind, I have a couple questions.
    Im going to be buying a new sofa. Im looking into mid range leather recliner.
    Which of the following make decent sofas
    Flexsteel, Palliser, Catnapper, Klaussner and Jaymar?
    And, of Flexsteel, Ive heard to stay away from the Latitudes collection. I know that the Brandon line is part of this collection, but are Chicago and Triton?
    Appreciate any info.

Default Re: Purchasing a new sofa

Welcome to the forum! Its difficult to say Brand "X" is either good or bad, because all makers are constantly changing their product and how they put it together. What I think is more important and serves you better a customer is to study what makes a piece of furniture a quality piece (you can read for hours here on that topic alone) and then decide if the piece you are looking at is offering you VALUE for the price charged.

As an example, the Flexsteel you mention might be a smoking hot deal at 1,199 for a Triton sofa, but not so good at $ 1,899. Or you can come up against a Bradington Young at $ 1,899 and decide which has the better construction and tailoring, along with leather choices.

Every maker has certain deals within a line as well, that make then VERY attractive in a given segment. As another example, I think Bradington Youngs 4114 Recliner deal at $ 869 is the best of any maker out there for that chair in that leather in the promo. However if take that same 4114 frame and stick a series 9593 hide on it, the exact same chair goes to $ 1,399 and a I'm far less enthusiastic about it.

So its not fair to you or the manufacturer to make a blanket statement about a given brand line, because its all relative to the price paid for the goods.

Chicago and Triton are USA-made in the Flexsteel lineup, btw. All the Lattitudes is made in China.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Newtoleather Guest

Default Re: Purchasing a new sofa

Thanks for the info. I guess if it comes down to price, Ill keep an eye out for any good deals and purchase whichever one feels most comfortable.