They are such a classy company....they make my job as a dealer so much easier. Case in point today....

I had a customer order an decorator ottoman, the # 050 Dixon Bench. About a week later the customer called me and discovered that the unit was 2" too high for her application. It would have to be cut down at the base.

I contacted H&M immediately and though the cover had been cut and sewn, the frame was not yet completed so they could to it for a custom charge of $ 150.00.

I called my customer back and told her, and she said that was too much, it took her over budget and to cancel the order. Well, once the cover is cut and sewn it cannot be canceled, and now we have a problem. She has a piece she cannot use as made to standard specs, and she's over budget with the custom charges. I can't cancel the order at this point, either.

I called back to H&M, explained the situation, and they waived the custom charge in just a few minutes, in order to keep everyone happy and on track. Just like that! And let me tell you, most my other upholstery companies that would even consider doing a custom would absolutely not waive any upcharges.

I called my customer back, told her the work would be done at no extra cost, and she was happy. And now I'm happy...and it gives me continued confidence to promote the brand to my customers.

A little goodwill always goes a long way.