Thread: Hancock and Moore leather set

maryannw Guest

Default Hancock and Moore leather set

Hello,
    I am in Rhode Island and found a set of dark blue leather Hancock and Moore on craigslist, in colorado.. Is it worth having it shipped, and what do you think of the price? $700. total?
    Hancock & Moore Leather Sofa, 2 Pub Chairs and 1 Foot Stool. Navy Blue. Excellent condition and VERY comfortable. Originally purchased from Homestead House for $5400.00. The first 2 pics are from the Hancock & Moore website and are the exact pieces that we have along with sizes. The bottom two pics are the actual sofa and and one of the chairs. Wouldn't this look great in your family room this Christmas? Please email for more information

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2123292612

Copyright © 2010 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum

Default Re: Hancock and Moore leather set

That's a pretty big leap-of-faith to buy those off those little photos on the C/L ad. Have you looked into shipping? You're going to have to use a company such as Plycon Van Lines out of Torrence CA or Vintage Transport out of Atlanta. I'm guessing around $ 1,000 for shipping. They appear to be well-used, but its hard to tell from the photos. Did you ask if pets have been on the furniture? If they have dogs and cats with fleas, you WILL get the fleas in your home from larvae that will hatch after its been in your home. Lots more questions to ask of the seller, and get better photos so you can see the real condition. A bargain is no bargain if they're all used up.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

maryannw Guest

Default Re: Hancock and Moore leather set

You are so right. I will wait to find something closer to home. Great advice. Thank you.