Thread: Modern, Contemporary H&M Furniture

rbs Guest

Default Modern, Contemporary H&M Furniture

We are in love with H&M furniture, have decided nothing else will do and now must make some decisions. We will be purchasing a sofa and two chairs, one a tilt back model and the other most likely a lounger. This forum is "the place" so I am asking for any and all advice, which will be more than appreciated. We have remodeled our 60's home in a comtemporary design and need to choose furniture that would compliment it. Obviously our criteria is quality, comfort and good looks, and our research has lead us to H&M and "The Keeping Room". We like the 5359 Illusion Sofa (current favorite), 1283 Campaign Sofa, and 9918 Kennet Sofa. We found a chair, Arlington Tilt Back, that is not in the catalog but can be seen at, http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...+back#post8135, and think that is would match any of the above sofas. Haven't really found a lounger that just really speaks to me yet, but wondered what the opinions would be on the 7097 Renshaw Lounger, do you think it would look alright? The tilt back chair will have an ottoman and we are also planning on an ottoman for the sofa, opinions appreciated. We would have three ottomans, but just feel like it would be too much. I have searched for the above sofas and chairs, but can't find anything written about them, so I would love to hear from anyone that has one.
    Duane, I thank you for all of the time and effort that you put into this site, the best information I have come across, nothing is close. I will be sending you a PM with the above info and also requests for some leather samples. We are anxious to firm up our decision and get our furniture ordered. If anymore information would be need, just ask as I would love your help.
    Thanks so much,
    R&J

Default Re: Modern, Contemporary H&M Furniture

The # 5359 Illusion series is one of the most aggressively prices sofas in the H&M lineup, lots of value in that series. The # 1283 Campaign is a tad more costly, and less 'open' in design as the arms come further forward. The # 9918 Kennet is actually one I've never seen in person, nor have I ever sold one, but I do like the form of that piece. An the Arlington Tilt Back is a brand new chair that came out in the October market that won't be on any showroom floor just yet, but I did like the way that sat when I tried it out at Market. The # 7097 Renshaw Recliner I happen to think sits quite well, but its a full size, large chair in height and depth (with average width) so make sure it will fit the space.

Three ottomans in a room is a little too much for most. Can you make it work with just two? The Tilt Back chair has to have one or they feel awkward, were you thinking (2) for the sofa or just one?

Glad you are enjoying the forum!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

rbs Guest

Default Re: Modern, Contemporary H&M Furniture

Duane,
    Thank you for the responses to my thread and PM, you have us really pumped. I will be getting an ottoman for the tilt back chair. My wife is so easy to work with that when she says she wants something, we get it done. My wife wants a tilt back chair with an ottoman, and unless someone changes our minds, we will be going with the new Arlington Tilt Back, with matching ottoman. We think a larger style ottoman for the sofa would work very nice, so we would love to hear some opinions on what you and everyone thinks. We are going to build some paper templates of the furniture's foot prints to determine how they will sit in our living area, we have a couple different ideas. The room is 18 1/2' x 15 1/2' wide open with TV mounted on wall like a picture and receivers etc are hidden in a closet, so we have quite a bit of room to work with. When we get our leather samples, I will get back on here to post our choices for feedback and a couple pictures of the room including a special rug that we are going to being working with.
    Duane, thanks and if something strikes you that might work for us, let us know.
    Rod
    Last edited by rbs; 01-07-2011 at 07:28 AM.