Thread: Thanks Duane

john di Guest

Default Thanks Duane

7 months ago my wife told me that we needed new furniture in our den and that she would prefer leather over fabric. Up to that point I had never given any type of furniture any thought at all. So I thought we would go look around a few furniture stores in town (Albuquerque, NM) and then pick out a sofa recliner and a couple of recliners. Since we knew nothing about leather furniture we asked questions of the salesmen but the answers we received just didn’t seem right for a variety of reasons. At that point it was time to get online and try to find some info on leather furniture. Very quickly it became clear that “My Furniture Forum” was the place to get a proper education.

I’ll cut to the chase. 7 months ago I didn’t know the name “Hancock and Moore” from “Black and Decker”. In late October we placed an order with Duane at “The Keeping Room”: 1 Austin High Back sofa (8138NB), 2 Austin High Back Tilt Back chairs (2038NB with Q21 cores) and 3 Austin ottomans (8131NB) all in Yardley Tobacco. We received our order just before Christmas and have been ecstatic with the purchase. Our main requirement was comfort. We followed Duane’s advice and hit the jackpot. All of these pieces are the most comfortable chairs we have ever sat in.

Thanks Duane. You are fantastic to work with.

Default Re: Thanks Duane

Hi John,

Thanks so much for the accolades! You made it easy for me to help you get the right pieces by sending me room photos and layouts. I remember we battled it out for three ottomans vs two <g>

That H&M stuff will certainly spoil you though, once you've owned it a lot of other makes don't quite measure up. Funny thing about that Austin series, every other maker has tried to knock it off, but they can never duplicate the comfort of the original from Hancock and Moore. I'll try the similar models from Leathercraft and Bradington Young and even Taylor King in my store and even within those better brands they can't match those Austins in terms of comfort. If you use them a lot, those cushion cores will eventually sack out. Might take 10 years before they do, but they will. Remember they all zip in and out, and you get replacements from H&M at no charge for as long as you own the pieces. A nice perk from them to the original owners.

Thanks again for your business, most appreciated.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.