Thread: Stickley Leather or Hancock & Moore Leather?

John in Ohio Guest

Default Stickley Leather or Hancock & Moore Leather?

My wife & I are looking to buy a new leather sofa, our first leather! We are looking locally and online at either a Stickley Sante Fe or a couple of Hancock & Moores leather styles.

Can someone tell me which brand they prefer and why? I understand that both are well known and I've found them to be upscale priced.

Is what I should be looking for?

PLEASE Help!

Riddle Guest

Default Re: Stickley Leather or Hancock & Moore Leather?

I have a Stickley rocking chair that I like, but the leather on the seat has not worn well. It's not a big deal for that particular chair because that type of seat cushion is easy for an amateur to recover. When it came time to purchase a sofa, I bought a Hancock and Moore because I am happy with the leather on an H&M chair that I own. Love, love, love my Metro sofa. I'm short and like to sit straight, so I ordered extra firm cushions for the back.

John in Ohio Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle View Post
    I have a Stickley rocking chair that I like, but the leather on the seat has not worn well. It's not a big deal for that particular chair because that type of seat cushion is easy for an amateur to recover. When it came time to purchase a sofa, I bought a Hancock and Moore because I am happy with the leather on an H&M chair that I own. Love, love, love my Metro sofa. I'm short and like to sit straight, so I ordered extra firm cushions for the back.
    Thanks Riddle. We are trying to get as much knowledge on this as possible. Your answer was very helpful.

karlos Guest

I looked at the stickley monterey and sante fe , the hancock and moore -Kodiak felt better more sturdy and supported my lower back without 4 pillows which looked nice on the stickley but I was always adjusting in the showroom...too soft ,mushy on the seating too. that would have been a disaster to say: This stickley is uncomfortable! Duane blew away the local sales folk in knowledge and price. So he got my business. Duane my H@K custom pillows arrived and they look sharp.

John in Ohio Guest

Quote Originally Posted by karlos View Post
    I looked at the stickley monterey and sante fe , the hancock and moore -Kodiak felt better more sturdy and supported my lower back without 4 pillows which looked nice on the stickley but I was always adjusting in the showroom...too soft ,mushy on the seating too. that would have been a disaster to say: This stickley is uncomfortable! Duane blew away the local sales folk in knowledge and price. So he got my business. Duane my H@K custom pillows arrived and they look sharp.
    Thanks Karlos, still haven't made my decision. I looked at it online & I do like the Hancock & Moore Kodiak.