Thread: Kings Road by Taylor King, Clayton Marcus or Next Generations by Harden

janbee Guest

Default Kings Road by Taylor King, Clayton Marcus or Next Generations by Harden

I am looking at purchasing a sectional for our first house which we take possession of in 7 weeks. I'd like a 3 seater sofa plus a chaise. Does anyone have an idea what Id be spending on any of these lines? I'm a little nervous in spending money at this point but its a piece we really want. Which is the better quality of the 3? Does anyone have a sectional from one of these lines that they can comment on? Thanks in advance, Janis

Default Re: Kings Road by Taylor King, Clayton Marcus or Next Generations by Harden????

I think I'd budget $ 3,500 to $ 4,000 for that piece, an of course it depends on design and grade of material on it. I have the Taylor King in my store, and I do like their product - I'm not particularly keen on Harden and don't have enough hands on experience with Clayton Marcus to render an opinion on that brand.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Kings Road by Taylor King, Clayton Marcus or Next Generations by Harden????

My experience with Clayton Marcus is that it is a mid-range brand more comparable to a Broyhill than a Taylor King.

Jeff Frank
    Simplicity Sofas

janbee Guest

Thank you for your thoughts. $3500-$4000 is over our budget so I will not waste anytime on that. Maybe should focus on mid-range Clayton Marcus instead.

organic_smallhome Guest

I don't know where you live, or what your budget is, but my understanding is that Bradington Young is an excellent brand.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...d=344559248782

janbee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by organic_smallhome View Post
    I don't know where you live, or what your budget is, but my understanding is that Bradington Young is an excellent brand.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...d=344559248782
    thank you I will look into that. Id like to spend $2500.

p.s. you link doesn't work for me.

$ 2,500 will buy you a used B-Y sectional, but not a new one. I believe those links take you to a consignment shop where the furniture was pre-owned.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

organic_smallhome Guest

Default Re: Kings Road by Taylor King, Clayton Marcus or Next Generations by Harden

Sorry about the link. Here's a better one:

http://www.onlycornerstone.com/

Click on: "Click here. . . ."

Then click on:
    NEW FURNITURE: Just In - Week of 1/10/2011

But this is the B-Y "Envisions" line--so it's made in China (I think)--and may not be the quality you are looking for.