Thread: Help- two sofas or a sectional-or any other suggestions

Default Help- two sofas or a sectional-or any other suggestions

My wife and I are getting new furniture for our living room but are having a difficult time deciding on the layout. We are not sure if a large sectional would fit the room or if we should get separate pieces. We will most likely be going with the H&M savant sofas or sectional in the caress mushroom leather. Any suggestions are apprecieated.

organic_smallhome Guest

Default Re: Help- two sofas or a sectional-or any other suggestions

Is the TV over the fireplace? Personally, I'd prefer two sofas in that space (more versatility in placement), but a sectional would work fine.

Do you think the room is large enough for two full size sofas? Also does anyone have a recomendation for a recliner/tilt back that would go with the savant sofa.
    Thanks

You've got a specialty layout in that room framed by a custom carpet install. What i would want to place in that room is a main piece similar in form to this Leathercarft Sectional, to follow the carpet outline. Instead of a 90 degree corner wedge I'd want to use a 45 degree one. Three Seat sofa LAF, the 45 wedge, and then either a single chair or at most a loveseat on the RAF return (you have a half wall in the photo and i cannot tell where it ends, but you want at least 36" tp 40" clearance into the room from the half wall to the end of the sectional). H&M doesn't make the Savant in anything but a 90 degree turn, but I'm sure we could get one customized at the 45 angle if you're willing to pay a custom charge. Here's a Leathercraft unit that shows the concept, but this one is the wrong style and has the LAF sofa section too long for your room:

http://leathercraft-furniture.com/in...left_arm_sofa/
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.