Thread: Nichols and Stone

bubbaonline Guest

Default Nichols and Stone

I realize this company went bankrupt in 2008. Stickley bought the name and designs, and that's about it..

I really like them for casual dining, because the chairs are extremely comfortable, and I spend a lot of time on weekends at the kitchen table.

Any downside to this brand? Nice furniture, but they don't say that their furniture is American made. I think they might have a plant in Vietnam. I'm not really concerned by that, if the quality is there. The table and chairs we are looking at are advertised as 100% American Birch.

regards,

jarrodsmorton Guest

Default Re: Nichols and Stone

It is kind of funny you posted this. I was just talking about Nichols and Stone with an associate here. It is made 100 % off shore. Their quality was always good when it was made in Massachusetts. I still have their chairs in my kitchen. Stickley is very high end. They would not put their name on anything subpar. I have not seen this new version of Nichols and Stone. We just have a catalog. From what I know, it is probably similar to Canadel or Colorshop.

bubbaonline Guest

Thanks for the reply... I shopped N&S quite a few years ago, and I can't tell the difference between then and now, though I'm far from a furniture expert. I can compare it side-by-side with Canadel, and it seems superior.. Especially, the chairs.

jarrodsmorton Guest

That is possible in terms of quality just a little bit. I have not personally seen it since they went out of business and Stickley bought them. They are trying to get back on the floor, but we want let them unless we can carry Stickley also which is probably not going to happen. The reason why I said Canadel is because they use mostly birch, and it is probably a similar price point. It is always good to get a good comparison.