Thread: Durham

bubbaonline Guest

Default Durham

Looking at bedroom furniture.. We don't need heirloom quality. Just solid, all wood furniture that's well made and looks good (okay.. we like nice stuff..lol).

Any thoughts on Durham or alternative brands?

By the way, love this forum.. I've been a lurker and just had to sign up.

regards,

jarrodsmorton Guest

Default Re: Durham

This product is made in Durham, Ontario. Obviously, it is a Canadian line. It is 100 % made there. Most of what they are using now is solid maple and cherry. It really would depend on the collection you like that would depend on recommendations.

bubbaonline Guest

I like the clean lines of Shaker style... the one thing that put me off on the Durham is their Shaker line (Pleasant Hill) is solid cherry, and only comes in one stain, which is sort of dark.. I'd rather see that style in Maple, with a lighter stain...

Other than that, I didn't see anything to complain about, except for the case hardware, which is brushed nickel.. Attractive, but seems like a strange choice for that line..

Any other brands I should look at?

regards,

jarrodsmorton Guest

I would look at the Kincaid Furniture Gathering House collection. I have it on the floor. It is in cherry wood, but a little bit lighter. My e-mail is JarrodMorton@FurniturelandSouth.com if you prefer to e-mail me.