Thread: Trying to find a small but spacious couch/futon. Any suggestions?

Papps Guest

Cool Trying to find a small but spacious couch/futon. Any suggestions?

Hey everyone.
    I'mnew to this forum so please humor me .

I'm redoing my room, and would like some suggestions on some possible pieces of furniture to use. You walk in my room, standing in the doorway, and your in the back right corner (meaning the room extends out to the left and forward). In the back left corner, running left to right horizontally, are stacked bunk beds. On the wall immediately to your left (the same wall the door is in), I am mounting a TV.

All I need is some sort of seating. What I want is some sort of slim couch or futon for when friends come over, but one that is LONG enough to hold 4 girls/guys (incl. me) when we relax.

Have any of yall seen a nice futon and/or sofa that is slim so it's not ontop of the TV or bunkbeds but is long enough?

Thanks in advance guys.

Default Re: Trying to find a small but spacious couch/futon. Any suggestions?

Welcome to the forum, but I'm afraid your description is too vague for me to get any sense of the room layout. Best to take photos of the room and post them, or use the free Icovia Room Planner under the DECORATING forum and lay the room out.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Trying to find a small but spacious couch/futon. Any suggestions?

Hi,

I may have just the item for you. This is a modular sofa made by Simplicity Sofas in High Point, NC. Usually it is bought as a sectional but can also be configured as a straight sofa. It is only 30 1/2" deep and comes in individual one seat modules. The width for an arm module is 27" - 32" depending upon which style arm you choose. You can have as many 23" wide armless units as you want between the arm units.

For example, with a 28" wide arm (the most popular) you can have a 3 seat sofa which is 79" long. Adding an additional armless units gives you a 4 seat sofa that is 102" long. An additional armless unit gives you a 5 seat sofa that is 125" long. You can keep adding as many seats as you have room for. All units attach together using hidden hardware beneath the unit. Corner units and chaise units are also available.

In addition there is a choice of Ultracel foam cushions with a lifetime warranty or optional spring down cushions. There is a selection of 150 in-stock fabrics and the time needed to make you a custom sofa is 4 weeks. Other options include slipcovers and a queen-size sleeper unit.

There is a lifetime warranty on the frame and the cushions. Aside from that the company's warranty reads If you do not like our furniture for any reason whatsoever, you may return it to us for a full refund including shipping charges for a period of one year from the date of purchase..

Jeff Frank
    Simplicity Sofas