Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Will it Fit?

1. Default Re: Will it Fit?

Hello, if you have a large house and a room, it will fit and congratulations for buying such a beautiful set is really nice I would like to have one in the future, maybe one day I can buy it because it looks really beautiful

Default Re: Will it Fit?

Hey Duane,

Looking forward to receiving our Author Chairs soon. Now the attention turns to the basement. Number one question - What size does the doorway - straight through the garage - have to be to accomodate a French Back Sofa?

We have to do that the other way.....what size is your door opening?
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    We have to do that the other way.....what size is your door opening?
    31 inches

I have no confidence a Hancock & Moore French Curve sofa will go through a 31" door opening, sorry. For narrow doors like that, you should look at the # 9840 City Sofa, You need a set-back arm (not one that extends to the front edge of the sofa), and a low fixed back when the cushions are off. legs that can unscrew as well are helpful if it gets tight.
    Duane Collie

Are there other ptions beside the city sofa? I would prefer one with a back like the French Curve (w/out pillows)

Also, I am willing to tear out the door frame for the French Curve.

Thanks,

Sean

I have a French Curve in the store (plus two at my own home) and did a measure, if you are going to replace the door frame go at least 34". I come up with 33.5" on the FC sofa, but that's a tight fit. Larger is better.

We never guarantee clearances, however as there can be small nuances that stop a delivery cold.
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I have a French Curve in the store (plus two at my own home) and did a measure, if you are going to replace the door frame go at least 34". I come up with 33.5" on the FC sofa, but that's a tight fit. Larger is better.

We never guarantee clearances, however as there can be small nuances that stop a delivery cold.
    Thanks Duane. That might be "a bridge too far". My wife (Allison) and I are looking at the Chelsea quilted Sofa, an Arrington Chair, and the Katie Recliner (like the one you had in the showroom with the polished arms) as possible options to finish out the basement. As I said. we'll be down in your store to arrange shipping when our two Author Chairs become available. We'll talk then about alternatives and will probably order the new items around Christmas time because of the delays. Thanks for your great response. As always, you are "The Fearless Leader".

Best,

Sean

Hi Sean,

That Chelsa sofa is large as well, I don't have any confidence on that going through a 31" door, either. It's a function of how high the back is with the cushions off the unit, then when tilted forward appx 60 degrees, where the arms catch the threshold. In the case of the Chelsa, the 42" overall depth is working against you in conjunction with appx 35" in rear height. It's just too much sofa and not enough door.

The other option - and really the best option - is to go with a Sectional, that can be clipped together once in the room. Now we only have one arm to deal with, and that allows "swing room" to get around the narrow door. If I wanted a larger sofa and I was up against a 31" door frame, that's the direction I would go.

Thanks
    Duane
    Duane Collie

Thanks Duane. We'll keep working the problem. Appreciate all your advice and guidance.