Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Will it Fit?

Default Re: Will it Fit?

Your basement "turn" has no free airspace on either side from what I can see, when there is an open railing area it allows for options to maneuver. When fully boxed in like that, usually drywall damage or upholstery damage occurs in our experience, its very difficult to do a "clean", no-contact delivery. And once anything is marked, the delivery team (store) is expected to pay for any damages and/or replace/refund the upholstery. For that reason, when a customer shows me photos like that, I decline the order because I know we are going to have a difficult time and its just not worth it. Other stores may or may not give it a try.

There is a maker in North Carolina called Simplicity Sofas, they are niche producers and make product exactly for situations like yours. Jeff Frank is the owner and he used to post here on the forum. This is where I would suggest you buy from them as there would be no drama, everything will fit because their products are designed to assemble once in past the tight spaces.

https://www.simplicitysofas.com/
    Last edited by drcollie; 02-21-2023 at 12:44 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Duane,

Thanks. I will check them out.

Duane, I looked at the Simplicity Sofas you mentioned. Interesting products. Looks like Jeff Frank retired from the company last year. Recent reviews on their Facebook page would give me pause.

Duane, one more question, it looks like we could get the sofa in through a 4x6' egress window in the basement with the panes removed. It would need to be brought in at an angle as the window is partially below ground level but should have plenty of clearance. Would this be possible or will a store find this too risky as well? Thanks again!

We have never done that, and most likely would not agree to attempt, it would be a garage delivery and you would have to take it from there Other stores may or may not.
    Duane Collie

Thanks again Duane, I appreciate all your help!

Will this fit? My door measures 33 5/8” wide and 82” tall. The item I am trying to move is a couch that is 88 inches long, 40 inches wide, and 32 inches high. The legs can be removed and they are 3” high.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1053.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	15738Click image for larger version. 

Views:	63 
ID:	15739Click image for larger version. 

ID:	15738

If the couch is only 32" high, what is the concern? You can turn it on its back and get it through the 33.5" door, it will be tight but you'll have some space to spare. Even more if you remove the legs. Or do you have to turn around a corner or something and can't go straight through?

Should be easy as the sofa is only 32” high. Turn it sideways.
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by suzo89 View Post
    Will this fit? My door measures 33 5/8” wide and 82” tall. The item I am trying to move is a couch that is 88 inches long, 40 inches wide, and 32 inches high. The legs can be removed and they are 3” high.Click image for larger version. 

ID:	15738Click image for larger version. 

Views:	63 
ID:	15739Click image for larger version. 

ID:	15738
    I am in an apartment building and the length of the couch exceeds the length of the hallway. Wondering if it’d be a weird angle to manoeuvre in