Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: # 4153 Reserve Sofa in Pecos Oak

Default # 4153 Reserve Sofa in Pecos Oak

Part of the Town and Country Program as of the date of this post, this is the 'feature' leather on the promo that allows you to get the best possible price. Pecos Oak is a 'bomber jacket' unprotected aniline hide with a soft hand a a light waxy topcoat on it. I did the legs on this one in Provence and this arrived in my store (for stock) in less than 4 weeks build time, with no special 'rush' put on it.

This sofa sits well and suits even big men in a relatively compact size. Easily goes through a 30" doorway as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R6.jpg 
Views:	1088 
Size:	158.9 KB 
ID:	2126Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R1.jpg 
Views:	935 
Size:	151.5 KB 
ID:	2125Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R4.jpg 
Views:	739 
Size:	116.9 KB 
ID:	2127Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R5.jpg 
Views:	732 
Size:	174.8 KB 
ID:	2128Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R2.jpg 
Views:	662 
Size:	153.3 KB 
ID:	2129
    Last edited by drcollie; 02-12-2011 at 12:06 AM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Riddle Guest

Default Re: # 4275 Restoration Sofa in Pecos Oak

Are the photos on the H&M site reversed? I swear that looks like the 4153 Reserve to me.

Default Re: # 4275 Restoration Sofa in Pecos Oak

It IS the # 4153....this is what happens when you try to get everything posted before you have to be home for dinner <G>

CORRECTED. Good Catch.
    Duane Collie

bubbaonline Guest

Default Re: # 4153 Reserve Sofa in Pecos Oak

Just as a quick data point... How much for a sofa, exactly like that? (it's gorgeous...)

H&M prefers I do not quote prices in the forum. PM me for a price and include your city/state/zip if you'd like to know the delivery fees as well. Thanks!
    Duane Collie

bubbaonline Guest

Thanks Duane..

and, thanks for the quote!

Charvard Guest

Hi Duane! We've gotten several quotes from you over the past week & I keep going back to the Reserve. I like the Columbia Butternut, & like the protection too. Then I saw the pics here of the Rserve in Pecos Oak & it looks really great! How would this leather wear in comparison to the Columbia?? We have a 7 yr old daughter..and we do drink beverages in the family room where the sofa will be. Accidents happen..and I don't want to have a problem cleaning a spill up. Would we be nuts to go with an unprotected leather?

I happen to really like the 'bomber jacket' look of this Pecos Oak. Its very natural-looking and will pickup all the marks of daily living (hence the term 'bomber jacket'). It will wear in a different manner than a leather like Columbia. Not better - or worse - just different.

I have to be careful what I say about this sort of thing, because if I were to say "Don't worry about it - 95% of spills will not be a problem" and then someone gets that 5% spill that *IS* a problem, I get an angry phone call demanding I replace a 5-year-old sofa based on what I posted or said (yes, it has happened) or else I'll be reported to BBB and Consumer Protection Agency, the Attorney Generals office and lamblasted on every forum, sued in court, blah-blah if I don't send them out a new sofa.....ad nauseum.

Whew.

OK, having said that, I can tell you that my two kids (now 20 and 17) were raised on pure aniline, unprotected hide sofas/chairs/loveseats/recliners since the day they were born. Of all the sippy cups, popsickles, diaper accidents, popcorn grease and soda spills (and my wife's red wine) that have hit the leather over the years on all our pieces none have been the worse for wear and we still use all our original pieces every day. I have never replaced a leather piece in my house in over 25 years. There have been Golden Retrievers, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, and now a West Highland Terrier that have all romped on the furniture as well with no ill effect (the jury is still out on the Westie though, that dog can destroy anything). I'm all about natural leather myself, as is my wife. We picked up one stain on a loveseat cushion (Bradington Young) about 10 years ago that was evident for about five or six years and the size of a silver dollar, but it eventually faded away and is no longer there.

It really depends on your tolerance for a look. The hide will hold up, the frame will, too. Also the cushions. But if you want a perfectly uniform appearance all the time, then a leather like Pecos is not your best choice. Pecos and hides like it are always changing, always evolving in their appearance and texture. Hides like Columbia will stay uniform and consistent throughout their lifespan and over a period of years lose some color tone and lighten up some, due to ambient sunlight in a room.

I like Columbia a lot for the price point, but I like living with a leather like Pecos...

Does that help explain it?
    Duane Collie

Charvard Guest

You explained it VERY well! Is the pricing of the Reserve with the Pecos less or more than ordering this sofa in the Columbia? Didn't know if there was a better deal with the Towne & Country promotion. And good to know about the red wine..lol

Right now during the ongoing Sale Period (ends March 8th) the difference would be the Pecos Oak (T&C GR2) would be $ 94.00 less than in Columbia Butternut (GR1). That shows you how aggressive the Town and Country pricing is!

Were the Pecos (GR2) not in the T&C promo, than it would be $ 459 more than the Columbia (GR1) ......
    Duane Collie