Thread: Ottoman tray source recommendations?

Us+2 ferts&theDog Guest

Default Ottoman tray source recommendations?

We're anxiously awaiting the delivery of our Journey sectional and Campaign Cocktail Ottoman and, in the interest of keeping the peace with my beer swilling, most wonderful DH who will be parked in the corner of the sectional thereby losing his side table, I'm trying to source a wooden ottoman tray in advance.

Can anyone recommend a company for such a thing? I've done the requisite Google search and have some options, but I'm not satisfied. I don't want the slanted sides due to my plans to mount a removable beer can holder (so it can be "hidden" from public view when public arrives) to the side (oh, the things I put up with...but then again, he puts up with a awful lot, too ) Something affordable at this time (our bank account will require regular watering and feeding after spending the $ on some beautiful H&M pieces).

TIA!
    Tammy
    Last edited by Us+2 ferts&theDog; 02-22-2011 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Clarification of header

mcarey Guest

Default Re: Ottoman tray source recommendations?

Not sure if they have trays with straight or slanted sides at this time, but I have seen both for sale at Pier I. Some of what they offer are pictured on their website, but they usually also have some other choices in the store. I've also seen large wooden trays at TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Home Goods. When I am finally able to decide on an ottoman, I'll be shopping for the same. Good luck!

Sketch one out, I'll have John Buchanan's son make one for you. His son is getting into the table cutting board business using the leftover wood from John's custom cabinetry. You can design the beer holder! We can do it out of Mahogany, Cherry, Tiger Maple, Walnut ....most any wood.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

bubbaonline Guest

Arhaus and Pottery Barn are good sources for that type of thing (Arhaus is kind of pricy, though). We got ours from one of them, though I can't remember which. (If it was Arhaus, it was on sale..lol)

Us+2 ferts&theDog Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Sketch one out, I'll have John Buchanan's son make one for you. His son is getting into the table cutting board business using the leftover wood from John's custom cabinetry. You can design the beer holder! We can do it out of Mahogany, Cherry, Tiger Maple, Walnut ....most any wood.
    Duane,

I'm not certain if an artisan piece is affordable for us at this time. I've seen your photos posted of John's work and I assume the genes run deep and would expect John's son to produce some nice pieces even if he is just getting his toes wet. Do you think he'd craft something "affordable"? You certainly are campaigning for points from my DH, aren't you? <G> We refer to the ferrets (yeah, those that have us applying the hardware cloth to the underside of the pieces) as "the avalanche crew" because if something is not nailed down they nose it over/off...just to gauge our reactions, hence the need for the beer holder. Let us not forget the horse-in-dog's-clothing either...
    Last edited by Us+2 ferts&theDog; 02-23-2011 at 01:38 PM.

Us+2 ferts&theDog Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mcarey View Post
    ...Pier I....TJ Maxx, Marshalls and Home Goods...
    Check, check, check and don't have one of them in my neck of the woods. Thanks for the ideas though, I actually could have missed one of them (although DH would disagree...I am "the Research Queen" <wink>)

Us+2 ferts&theDog Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaonline View Post
    Arhaus and Pottery Barn are good sources for that type of thing (Arhaus is kind of pricy, though). We got ours from one of them, though I can't remember which. (If it was Arhaus, it was on sale..lol)
    I'll take a look at at least Pottery Barn's site, thanks!

I have no idea what the cost would be! But it costs nothing to get a quote...sketch it out, let's see the 'dream' !
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.