Thread: Kodiak compliments/complaints?

LorreB Guest

Default Kodiak compliments/complaints?

I've been reading/learning on this blog and was delighted to find out that I can drive to Duane's shop in 20 minutes. I just got back from my first visit there and have to agree with other posters -- Duane truly is a patient and well-versed teacher. Many thanks.

In trying to narrow down the sofa choices, I'm leaning toward the Kodiak. Duane suggested I put this to the Forum:

Compliments or complaints about the Kodiak? Would you change anything if you could go through the buying process again?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

harland Guest

Default Re: Kodiak compliments/complaints?

The Kodiak is comfy with a capital 'c'. Excellent if you want to park your butt for a few hours to watch a movie or stretch out and take a nap. One thing - I'm a short guy - 5'6" and my feet don't quite sit flat on the ground, but then again we usually prop ours up on the ottoman. (Which, by the way, is also highly suggested.)

HappyJim Guest

I give the Kodiak 2 thumbs up. I am 6'-1", and the extra height of the seat and the outstanding depth means I am not in the "butt-down, knees-up" position. With an ottoman, the couch is actually more comfortable than the Austin chair (for me at least).

Seth Keefer Guest

My wife and I have owned the Kodiak for about a year now. We are 5'7" and 5'6" and as the previous posted said, unless you are tall, you may feel like Alice in Wonderland. That being said, my wife and I sat on at least 30 different sofa models while sofa shopping, and the Kodiak was the only one we could BOTH agree on for comfort. Paired with an ottoman its super comfy and its large size is a plus if you want to stretch out and spread out.

Wouldn't trade it for anything. Almost everyone who sits on it for the first time comments on how comfortable it is.

Got it with Capri leather, which is heavenly.

Good luck!

karlos Guest

I have the kodiak in antelope harness... and it is great sat on many other sofas including the stickley monterey and sante fe.. not bad, though the kodiak is the clear winner for us...now if my kids wouldnt stretch out all over it and leave the old man the lazy boy recliner>>> buy Kodiak.