Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sofa for someone aging? comfortable sofa bed?

Default Re: Sofa for someone aging? comfortable sofa bed?

I agree it looks a bit 'heavier' but that is due to the added height which makes it comfy for TV viewing. I do like the Reserve as a clean-design, airy, and yet comfortable sofa but its not going to give you the same lounging effect as the Kodiak. Then again, use a small ottoman with it and you can ease down into the seat a bit and be pretty comfortable with it.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Monique Guest

The Reserve certainly suits our style better but I'll still keep an open mind on the Kodiak. I noticed that Hancock and Moore has two different Reserve sofas and chairs. I can't see any difference except the legs and the 1 inch higher back height on the chair. For that extra inch, you give up 1/2 inch in the inside width. Am I missing something else?

That is the legs for the difference. The measurements are the same for all intents and purposes, there is a +/- 2" production tolerance on all Hancock and Moore pieces.
    Duane Collie

Monique Guest

Duane,

If you're going to be around on this Saturday, my husband and I could come up to check out the Reserve sofa. If the Reserve doesn't work, maybe something else you have in Hancock and Moore will suit. I had considered the Restoration and want to try the Kodiak as well. Do you have these now?

I liked your suggestion on the forum about choosing leathers: browse the store and find a leather that looks and feels good to us before starting with the samples.

Hopefully we can decide on a sofa and chair then I can bring samples home to check out what works in our space/light here. It looks like you recommend the Antelope as being the best of both worlds in leather...beauty and protection. We have a dog and our first grandchild so I would feel safer with protected leather.

Please PM me the price of the Reserve sofa, chair and ottoman in Grade 4 so I can get that out of my system.

I read somewhere on the Forum that H & M will probably have a price increase soon so do want to get the order in before that time although I wonder if they will introduce something new at the Spring show in High Point next week that would be tempting. I keep thinking right up until I place the order...drives my husband nuts but since we've been married 45 years and this is only our 5th sofa, it hasn't been too much to go through with me. We can at least recall all of our sofas. Neither of us can remember all of the cars but we do fondly remember our little 1972 Fiat convertible...so sorry we sold that one but no place for the first baby!

If you're not around this Sat...no worry...we can come up another time.

I'm planning to be here on Saturday, barring any unforeseen calamity. As of today, my H&M floor stock in sofas are:

* Restoration in Pecos Oak
    * Austin High Back in Cavalier Oxblood
    * City Sofa in Cavalier Mocha
    * City Loveseat in Cavalier Henna
    * Member Apartment Sofa in Document Latte

I will have a Teton Sofa coming in next month in a Burnished leather.

Spring Market is April 1 - 7th. I'll probably go down armed with my trusty Nikon camera and photo everything like I did last fall. There will SURE to be new items and leathers, all I know right now is there is one new sectional design in the 'new' group, but I haven't really asked about anything else. I'll most certainly buy some market specials as well.

When I do see a price increase from H&M, they typically come in June. Not saying they will have one (But I'm guessing they will based on costs of raw material increases) but if they do, they most likely will present it to the dealers then.
    Duane Collie

Monique Guest

So the Reserve sofa is gone? If so, then we should probably wait until a later time to come since we are the most interested in that sofa.

No, its not. That's me making a mistake! I have the Reserve in Pecos Oak, I do not have the Restoration. Sorry....
    Duane Collie

Monique Guest

So glad you still have it. We're coming to see you on Saturday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the sofa is a perfect fit for us! Thank you!

mfabian Guest

Monique,
    I took the trip to visit Duane and I am glad I did. I havent made the final choice yet but after visiting local mass market and a few of the higher end stores, it was a wonderful change to meet someone who clearly enjoys his work and really knows his stuff.

M

Monique Guest

Mfabian,

Thanks! We are looking forward to meeting Duane and browsing his wonderful store. In preparation for buying a new sofa, I called many of the H & M dealers within 200 miles of my home. When I started out, I had hoped to find exactly what I was looking for in stock. Maybe it is because market is coming up or maybe H & M is more of a special order, I did not find anything to suit. In the process, I talked with many salespersons. It was an enlightening experience. Out of the maybe 30 phone calls made, about 5 salespersons were actually truly helpful letting me know that they would help in any way. Some said they would call back and never did. Some said they didn't have anything on the floor and no further offer of help. One complained to me about the internet. I was surprised at the lack of "customer friendly"in this economy.

In contrast, Duane sponsors "My Furniture Forum" which is a GIFT! My impression is that he is an honest, hard working small business man who is making it in this challenging economy and in a more competitive market place because of the internet. He is doing it right and that is hard to find. I never dreamed when I found the Forum that I would consider traveling to VA to buy furniture. I live in NC! BUT, Duane deserves my business.