Liquidation companies energize HUGE, MASSIVE profits from 'going out of business sales". Its their stock in trade. And how do they do it? They prey upon customers who don't do their due diligence.

A "Going out of Business Sale" is like a feeding frenzy for consumers and they flock to these events checkbook in hand ready to buy ANYTHING if it has enough markdown tags on it. They don't even know what they are buying in many cases. The original stock of the store is gone in a day or two, and the Liquidator is bringing in truckloads of new stock in brands the store may never have even carried. Or at inflated prices.

Last week I had a upholstery rep in my store and we were laughing about this very thing. He had a store selling his leather sofas (name brand) at $ 1,999 when they closed and that was a very aggressive price. The store had two in stock. The Liquidator comes in and order (thirty) more from my sales rep., puts 'Original price $ 7,399 on them, the the store sale price of $ 3,999 on them over that tag, and finally a GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE PRICE of $ 2,399 on the them. Not only did he sell all (30) at $ 400 more than the original store price, but he ordered a second truckload of another (25) units and sold 55 pieces during the liquidation sale of just that one item. And the store when it was viable only sold 6 in the past year.

The power of advertising. And perhaps - some would say - greed.

Do your homework, Be smart. Don't get duped by GOING OUT OF BUSINESS silliness.