Thread: Sofa Differences

pungelitta Guest

Default Sofa Differences

New poster. Have been reading a lot.

Having a home built in FL and need a little information. We will be doing approximately 8 rooms, so there will be planty of questions.

First of many to come:

I want to ask the difference between a H&M Sundance sofa and a H&M Trade sofa? Any quidence would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

pungelitta Guest

Default Re: H&M Difference in 2 Sofas....

51 views and not one person knows the difference between the Sundance and the Trade?

I'm not sure what the question is? Can you be more specific?

"Differences" are pretty much visible in the photos and dimensions on the web site for each piece. Both are large, deep sofas, both are designed to float in the room as evidences by two rows of button tufting in the back, both come with two pillows in the larger size and both have a curved front edge to them. Both run similar price points. The only differences I know are the overall style.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

rbs Guest

Hi,
    We just returned from traveling about 300 miles to get our first look at Hancock & Moore furniture. The store we visited had a very nice display with several pieces that included the Sundance in a Portfolio Claret. The pictures do that sofa no justice, it was just absolutely stunning. We were just really happy that the quality of the Hancock & Moore furniture is just obvious and definetly makes a statement of class.

That's one of the hottest selling sofas in the line right now, the 4716 Sundance in T&C M/C Portfolio Claret. It looks good, looks expensive and in that particular hide is surprisingly affordable. Last one I had on my sales floor was gone in under three weeks. I need to re-order it.

My only gripe with the Sundance series is they're SO heavy. I was helping my delivery guys load one into the truck last weekend and I felt all my 56 years grunting that one up into the truck. And you MUST have a 34" wide doorway to get that inside (legs don't come off).
    Duane Collie

hglaber Guest

Wow I only drove 60 miles (one way) to see some H&M yesterday. One of them was a Journey sofa. It was love at first sit. What a great piece of furniture! I wish that came in Portfolio Claret (in T&C). The floor model was Document Tobacco, which felt nice to my inexperienced hand, but the color and appearance didn't work for me. Given the price they had on it, I'm guessing the price of non-T&C leather would be a string of numbers starting with "4" which is probably out of my range.

The 1724 Journey is one of the best selling 'comfort' sofas in the line. Only the Kodiak and Austin High Back rival it in terms of pure comfort. You won't be in the '4's' in Portfolio Claret on one, but you'll be in the upper '3's. I have to agree that Document Tobacco is not one of my favorite leathers. Its 'over-worked' and a bit muddy looking. There are much better leathers than that.
    Duane Collie