Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: H&M Settlement # 4192 Sofa/ # 4190 Chair/Ottoman in Dream Tobacco GR 2

Default Re: H&M Settlement # 4192 Sofa/ # 4190 Chair/Ottoman in Dream Tobacco GR 2

I'm always closed on Sundays (working 6 days a week is enough!) and will be closed July 4th as well.

PM sent on pricing....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

SulyT Guest

Default Re: H&M Settlement # 4192 Sofa/ # 4190 Chair/Ottoman in Dream Tobacco GR 2

I am considering the Restoration Hardware Lancaster 96W 49D sofa.
    Please PM me quote(s) on the H&M Settlement # 4192 Sofa, delivery to Charlotte NC.
    Leather options: Aspen Tobacco and Antelope Saddle
    Please Provide time frame for delivery and your observations on the quality differences you see between the two. (H&M vs RH).

I have two dogs that will enjoy this sofa with me. I use the sofa only for laying down, so the depth is what I prefer, even though I noted on the RH sitting is not comfortable!

PS, if your leather recommendations have changed since this thread, please provide your current preferences in the tobacco, saddle range...

Thanks for your time and expertise.
    "SulyT" Tom Suliman.

I think RH builds an OK sofa, but not a great one. I was in one of there stores looking at that same model last month and I personally didn't like the way it sat - but the build spec on it seemed to be to industry standards. There wasn't as much padding on the wood frame on parts where I would expect it at that price point, but certainly that wouldn't be a deal breaker. They're using an Italian pull up leather on most their showroom pieces and its a little too 'worn' for my tastes but thats why they make different leathers. I think most folks can do better buying from a real furniture store than the trendy mall places, dollar for dollar.

Build time at H&M is 5 to 6 weeks on in-stock leathers, then a couple weeks delivery time, even though you are right down the road from them. Alternatively you can get a truck and pick it up yourself the day its ready in Hickory NC if you like. I will PM you a price in GR 2 and Gr 4, Tom.
    Duane Collie

CMBAUR Guest

Just a word to people looking for buy NA made.... The Lancaster from RH is "made in China". $3500+ is alot of money for Chinese. It used to be made in the US I want to say by Old Hickory Tannery but I would be wrong..... I thought the whole idea of buying from overseas was to save money.... If you are looking to make an investment in a sofa might as well support a NA made product for the same bucks you'd spend at RH.
    Last edited by CMBAUR; 03-22-2012 at 09:43 PM.

Rafree1 Guest

If you read the reviews on service from RH they do NOT get good marks. I've even spoken with people who have worked for them..the news was not good! If they lose or damage something or if you have any problems apparently their actions for some people have not been what one would expect when buying an item at that price point. I've never heard anyone say that about H and M. Maybe RH is improving on that score, I do not know but, we weren't willing to take that chance. Most of their items are for taller people anyway. Good customer service means a LOT to me even if the item is a little higher priced. H and M is tops with their customer service. You're not saving anything if you go to somewhere and can't get someone on the phone or have an issue or even just want to ask a question and you are not treated well or responded to.

H and M has totally blown me away with their service and willingness to help a potential customer and in doing so have made a customer for life out of me. I've even referred family and friends looking for furniture to them due to their stellar responses to me. I feel a lot better spending my money with a company that values their customers the way H and M does. They just tick all the boxes. Very well made, North American and great customer care.

Anything made in China is VERY difficult to get service on, even for minor issues. About 10 years ago I was talked into carrying a Chinese upholstery line from a Sale Rep and made an order of it. One of the sofas came in with a cracked leg that was a simply bolt on. They had no parts for the leg, at all. In a USA made piece that's a simple fix. They wound up discounting the piece 30 % to me to keep "as is" - I glued the leg up and refinished it, then sold it at a 30 % discount as well. That's when I learned that there are no replacement parts for these imported pieces. When something fails on one - that's it.
    Duane Collie

Olson Parker Guest

One alternative when buying any imported furniture would be purchasing an extended warranty. One company that offers this service (and they cover almost everything) is Montage Furniture Services. I am sorry for your misfortune. Here is a link to check what alternative warranties offer. I promise they work.http://www.furnitureknowitall.com/warrantyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	imagesCANIEUQB.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	3895 I hope this site helps BEFORE you make the purchase. Good Luck!

zheng Guest

do you have personal experience using this warranty?

I really doubt it. I can imagine what kind of hassle would be if I really send them a claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Olson Parker View Post
    One alternative when buying any imported furniture would be purchasing an extended warranty. One company that offers this service (and they cover almost everything) is Montage Furniture Services. I am sorry for your misfortune. Here is a link to check what alternative warranties offer. I promise they work.http://www.furnitureknowitall.com/warrantyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	imagesCANIEUQB.jpg 
Views:	286 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	3895 I hope this site helps BEFORE you make the purchase. Good Luck!

That 'warranty' post has all the earmarks of spam by 'Olson Parker', and I'm 99.8% certain it is. I will let 'Olson Parker' have a pass this one time, but next spam - banned.

Buying a warranty on furniture has FAR more horror stories than good experiences. It's like buying insurance at the Blackjack table when the dealer shows an Ace. Most the time, its not worth it.
    Duane Collie

CMBAUR Guest

Warranties- If they weren't profitable companies wouldn't sell them.