Thread: Help for my Sofa?

dogboysdad Guest

Default Help for my Sofa?

We have two dogs and leather furniture in our living room. We recently had a problem that I don't know how to remedy.

After applying Frontline flea product to the dogs, the black lab jumped up on the sofa. A small amount of the liquid was not yet dried. It smeared on the seat back. My wife wiped it off with a paper towel. The top-coat on the leather came off with it.

Can I have the leather touched up somehow to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboysdad View Post
    We have two dogs and leather furniture in our living room. We recently had a problem that I don't know how to remedy.

After applying Frontline flea product to the dogs, the black lab jumped up on the sofa. A small amount of the liquid was not yet dried. It smeared on the seat back. My wife wiped it off with a paper towel. The top-coat on the leather came off with it.

Can I have the leather touched up somehow to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.
    Yes, there are products you can buy to restore the topcoat in that area, Its easy to do, and you more or less dab it on. Be sure there is nothing left of the Frontline residue on the hide, you want to get that off (without pulling any color out of the sofa).

There are different products for different leathers. Call Leathermaster direct at their toll free number as what you need is not listed on their website ("Soft Gloss" is what I would reach for first in my repair kit). Here's their website:

http://www.uniters.com/folder.php?cms_folder=8
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

dogboysdad Guest

Thank you for the response. I looked for you on the Gardenweb site. What product should I ask for Does it come in colors? My top coat has tint.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboysdad View Post
    Thank you for the response. I looked for you on the Gardenweb site. What product should I ask for Does it come in colors? My top coat has tint.
    Glad to assist! Best bet is to call Leathermaster and just explain what you have, they are the experts at fixing you up with the right product. If no color coat was damaged, then you just need a topcoat fix.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.