Duane,
I would like your input on the following situation. I recently took delivery of a H&M Restoration sofa and chair purchased from a local source. I was anxious to have these new pieces after waiting approximately 8 weeks for them as this was a major purchase for me. I watched as the delivery men opened the back of the truce and became nervous when I saw the sofa loaded upright on one of its ends. This didn't seem like a very good way to transport such a nice piece of furniture. After unloading the furniture and getting it into my residence I inspected the end of the sofa and wasn't surprised to find three damaged spots in the leather. Two of the spots tore the leather. I also noticed that the dust cover (I think that is what it's called) on the bottom of the sofa had been ripped in a couple of places. The delivery men were in a hurry as they had a truckload of furniture to deliver that day so they noted the damage on the receipt and left. Upon further inspection I found numerous scrapes and marks on both pieces. Small areas of the topcaot color were scuffed off. There are also some small indentions that look like something poked the leather but didn't tear it. They might be insect bites but I don't think so. I call the stores customer service department and the furniture department manager to let them know the condition of the furniture. The manager didn't seem to concerned about the dust cover as it isn't seen and can be replaced. She set an appointment for a leather repairman to come out to inspect the furniture. Here's my question for you, Duane. I hate to have to attempt repairs on these expensive pieces before I've even used them. I am also concerned of the possibility of hidden damage to the sofa frame do to the way it was transported. Would you expect one of your customers to accept H&M in this condition? How would you handle this situation. Your input would be greatly appreciated. Also, I have noticed that the back of the sofa looks a little odd in that the two seams that form the three back cushions don't look the same. One seam is pushed out to the point where you can see the stitching. It looks like the end back cushion by this seam has more padding which is pushing out the seam. The leather on both sides of the seam is gathered alot more than the other seam. I'll take a picture to show you what I'm talking about. I can tell that H&M builds quality furniture when compared to other brands I considered. I look forward to hearing from you concerning this situation. Thanks for your time. Jim