Thread: Suede & Leather Car Seats

Missnat71 Guest

Default Suede & Leather Car Seats

Hello,

Could anyone help me please ? My neighbor woke me up this morning saying that my car windows were opened. It was raining (still is) and from what I can see online, it rained for about 3 hours before my neighbor called. My car has both leather & suede seats and I'm wondering if the rain will affect the material. They don't seem to be overly soaked. It's a convertible, so I'm thinking perhaps the material has a sealant on it to protect it in these events ? I did take an extra fabric protector against stains, etc on it when I purchased it. It's a Mitsubishi Eclipse if that helps.

I would appreciate your opinion and advice. I'm thinking I should just let it dry on its own. I don't want to use a hair dryer and don't have a vacuum for water and it's calling for rain until tomorrow.

Thank you very much,
    Nathalie

AZJoe Guest

Default Re: Suede & Leather Car Seats

I am by no means an expert but I would at least blot it dry with a towel, and keep the top down to expedite drying.

Monique Guest

So sorry! I've never had this happen so I am just brainstorming here. We were formerly in insurance business and with most claims it is best to get the water up and out ASAP but don't know about leather car seats.
    Last edited by Monique; 04-20-2011 at 09:58 AM.

Best thing to do is let it air dry well. Leather does not like to be water-saturated, but there nothing you can do at this point but let it dry. Doubtful you have suede in the car, that's probably Alcantara if its suede-like, and that won't be affected by the water, its a man-made material. Once the leather is fully dry, as well as the cushions underneath, apply some conditioner after a cleaner to moisturize it. Good luck.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.