Thread: What to do with all those brand new cushions???

nitya_r Guest

Post What to do with all those brand new cushions???

We just got a custom sectional (quite expensive) ordered and do not like the cushions (about 15 of them) which I designed to go on the back instead of a solid fill back. We just received the sectional this weekend and I regret having got this style of back. Since it is brand new I wanted to send back the cushions that look like throw pillows but with a better fill volume but not hard enough for the back and we have decided to have the furniture maker build us rectangle foam back cushions to replace. The furniture maker says to reuse these to remake for our needs will be very expensive.
    Does anyone know if there is some place these cushions can be sent where they could reuse them? They have slip covers on them so that can be removed easily but it is brand spanking new.

Default Re: What to do with all those brand new cushions???

Sorry to hear that, it sounds like its going to be costly to re-make.

Its illegal for any commercial business to re-use the cushions due to Health Department laws once the piece has been delivered. That means you would have to give or sell them to a private individual, and its going to be difficult to find that buyer who can use (15) custom pillows. Your best bet is to simply put them in some large plastic bags, seal them up, and store them in your basement or attic. One day you might want to have a 'new look' on your sectional and can bring them out of storage for use.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Hi Nitya-r,
    I would find it helpful to see what these look like. Please post some pictures/dimensions. Thanks.

nitya_r Guest

Thanks for your advice. I understand that and agree even though I just got them and in fact we have put them away and not even used them. We are working with the furniture maker to make regular back cushions and hopefully that will work of course as you said that is going to cost us.