Thread: Name and Model No. of H&M Furniture & Year of Manufacture!

mander1969 Guest

Question Name and Model No. of H&M Furniture & Year of Manufacture!

Hi! If one doesn't have the original sales slip of a piece of H&M furniture, is there any way one can ever tell what the name and model number is of a given piece of furniture? I can't seem to find anything on the labels and tags that indicate such. For example: if I purchased a piece of H&M furniture 5 years ago and I don't have the original sales slip, how can I tell what exact piece that it is that I have and the year of manufacture-and also, whether it is still in production? And if one can't do this, why?
    I can look at all of the available products currently shown on their web site, but in many cases, it is very difficult to determine what it is that I have.
    I would sincerely appreciate any information that one can share on this subject matter.
    PS: Being a long time rare record and book collector, covers and labels tell me pretty much everything-Note that I said-"Pretty Much."

Default Re: Name and Model No. of H&M Furniture & Year of Manufacture!

Yes, you can...depending on how old the piece is.

Look under you seat cushion and there should be a care label if the H&M piece was built in the last three to four years. On that label, there is a serial number that is unique to your piece of furniture. With that serial number, H&M can pull the entire build spec sheet on your piece.

If you have an older piece that doesn't have the number, there is a white 'build tag' inside stapled to the frame. To access it you would have to remove the black 'dust cover' on the bottom of the piece so you could look up inside the frame base.

If neither of those work, then you can take a digital photo of the piece and email it to me and I can probably ID the model of the frame, but I won't be able to tell leather cover, wood finish, etc.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.