Thread: I need Chairs!

Maureen Guest

Smile I need Chairs!

I really need two recliners for my living room. I donated my oversized comfy chair to charity and am without. I believe H & M is so far the best crafted but want your honest opinion. I have a good size teenager and want them to last. Are you able to photograph what you currently have in inventory and share your photo so we could do business without the hassle of shopping around. Thanks ahead Duane! Maureen
    Last edited by Maureen; 11-18-2008 at 01:09 AM.

Hi Maureen,

If you really want one that will stand up, look for recliners made using a Leggett and Platt mechanism:

http://www.homefurniturecomponents.com/motion.asp

That's the best in the industry and comes with a lifetime warranty on the mechanism. Then after that, a hardwood frame, that is doweled, screwed and glued. That's as good as they make them. After that, if you keep the leather clean and out of direct sunlight you should be good to go. Brands I have that would meet those standards are Bradington Young, Leathercraft and Hancock and Moore. Any of those will have the structural strength to last. Of course the latter two are finer tailored and have better hides to choose from.

My inventory is all on the sales floor, so its practical to get any of them only if within reasonable distance of my store in Alexandria VA. Otherwise its too expensive to ship them via unboxed blanket wrap service. You're in California, yes? Really its more practical and less expensive to order new ones and drop ship them from the factory. H&M closes for a week on DEC 19th for vakay. There's a 70/30 chance to get some pieces made and shipped before then, but the clock is ticking!

I have (11) recliners in stock and (4) Tilt back chairs with matching ottomans
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.