Thread: White Glove Shippers

Default White Glove Shippers

i have made a decision to use only Sun Delivery Service as a recommended White Glove shipper at this time. They are the most expensive of the three I have been using but like most thimgs in life you generally get what you pay for. The other companies I have uses in the past have focused too much on being a transportation operation and not enough on being customer service operators.

Is it really worth saving $ 100 on your $ 6,000 order when the pieces arrive with light damage or are lost in a warehouse for two weeks or you can't get a call back on your order from the delivery company? I think not.

So I'm going to spend a little more of YOUR money when you order through my store and ship via Sun Delivery as they most closely emulate my own standards of customer sevice. While not perfect, they consistently deliver the best service of all the white glove companies I have tried. You can always specify your own choice of shipper if you would rather use an alternate and if you care to recommend a service then by all means please do.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: White Glove Shippers

My H&M sofa was delivered by Sun and I was pretty happy to pay the extra cost. 3rd floor walkup apartment with a very heavy sofa with half flight stairs that doubled back twice on each floor. It took an hour for the three of us to figure out how to get it up and then through my door but they never gave up and they were always very careful to not damage the new couch. Thumbs up from me!

I will say though, they didn't wear white gloves.

trent777 Guest

No white gloves?! They must be Visigoths or Philistines!

Name:  LAX building.jpg
Views: 747
Size:  205.4 KB

Here's a photo of the Sun Delivery Facility in Los Angeles, CA. Looks pretty nice for a furniture delivery operation, I must say.
    Duane Collie

organic_smallhome Guest

Just checking to see if this posts. I keep trying to create a new thread and am repeatedly told that the server is too busy. Weird.

pswinz Guest

Some manufacturers like Mayline actually offer a white glove delivery service directly. If you are paying to use an outside carrier you may actually find some savings in using the manufacturers shipping line depending on how much furniture your ordering at a time.

Looking at your website, Phil - "Mayline" appears to be LTL shipping, using common carriers rather than a White Glove Service. With LTL shipping of course, it arrives on a truck and is curb dropped, and the customer has to carry in their home and set up themselves. White Glove means a delivery service, where the pieces are set up inside the home and the customer only has to show the delivery team where they want them placed. In my experience, there is no maker that runs his own White Glove delivery serivce, they are all contacted out to various companies. Some of the White Glove companies are horrid little operations, where its not much more than 2 guys and a truck. They're inexpensive, but they may keep a customer's furniture in storage for up to 2 months before they make a trip to an area. The savings by using these type of operators dissappear pretty quickly when the furniture you've paid for is sitting around because that service has nothing else going into that region. I only use Sun Delivery, because they run a fleet of trucks and will go 48 state on a regular basis and have the lowest damage rates. They are not the most inexpensive, but they ARE the most reliable.
    Duane Collie

Duane, as usual, you know best. My friend bought something somewhere else (not anything you sell ;-) and it was delivered by the usual type of service. Don't you know, they dinged it against the door jamb just enough to require the item be repaired. Just took an hour of repair time out of the store's profits. Also, while the repair was well done, I wouldn't recommend the store to anyone. Your quality trumps again.