Thread: Here they are: 2038 Austin/Yardley Tobacco and 1044 Sadler/Portfolio Claret (T&C)

hglaber Guest

Default Here they are: 2038 Austin/Yardley Tobacco and 1044 Sadler/Portfolio Claret (T&C)

Well, they're here and they're great - 2038NB Austin High Back Tilt back in Yardley Cognac, Matching 8131NB Ottoma, and 1044 Sadler in Portfilio Claret (the T&C cover). Delivery was smooth and trouble-free. Sun has discovered the secret to customer service - lots of contact, no surprises. Sorry the pic isn't great - the sun was in the wrong spot for the Austin.

They look great, sit great, weigh a ton, and are BIG (especially the Austin) compared to how they looked in the store, which I always anticipate and yet am always surprised. I'm going to have to be careful about the sofa. So much for the Journey. But, thanks to a new lawn tractor that's a ways off I think (as are a new rung, new end tables, new TV and stand, new bed...). Luckily, if the bed gets too bad, I can probably sleep in the Austin with it tilted all the way back.

In fact, I think I'll test that theory right now. All of todays scheduled chores and projects are hereby postponed until further notice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sadler_Austin.jpg 
Views:	1418 
Size:	193.3 KB 
ID:	2696  

AZJoe Guest

Default Re: Here they are: 2038 Austin/Yardley Tobacco and 1044 Sadler/Portfolio Claret (T&C)

Very nice!

Is the sadler pretty comfy?

MJM_CA Guest

Default Re: Here they are: 2038 Austin/Yardley Tobacco and 1044 Sadler/Portfolio Claret (T&C)

Glad you had a good experience with Sun Delivery. I went with West Express and have been miffed by the level of service...part of my sectional was damaged during delivery and the communication regarding repair process has been poor. Duane now only recommends Sun.

hglaber Guest

The Sadler is indeed very comfortable... but not at comfy as the Austin, especially with the big ottoman for someone that can never keep their feet in the same position for more than 5 minutes. For me, the arms are also at the absolute perfect height for where my elbows bend.

I also really like one feature of the tilt-back I had not considered - you put the back at the angle you want, and it stays put. With a recliner, even if you tighten it up, it by nature has to respond to pressure to work and doesn't know if that pressure is a request to change positions, or an attempt to reach the remote control. If you shift around, it will lean back more or straighten up. With the tilt back, you can reach for something, shift around, whatever and the back stays put.

But the Sadler is very, very good as well. Best recliner I've ever used (not that I've used tried that many). I am extremely pleased with them both so far.

hglaber Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MJM_CA View Post
    Glad you had a good experience with Sun Delivery. I went with West Express and have been miffed by the level of service...part of my sectional was damaged during delivery and the communication regarding repair process has been poor. Duane now only recommends Sun.
    Sun has figured out what we have where I work - customers are remarkably tolerant of change, and even problems, as long as they are not surprises. Sun called when they had the furniture and estimated delivery time. Later that week they called to schedule the delivery time. They then called to confirm a day before delivery. The driver then called the morning of, giving a more specific time, which he then beat by half an hour. Now, had they called two weeks out, said "we'll be there Saturday between 1:30 and 5:30" then said nothing before showing up on Saturday at 10:30am, what was a nice surprise (oh, they'll be here early!) could have been a customer service mess. The fact that they started with Saturday or Sunday, then Sat. afternoon, then ended up there Sat. morning also demonstrated they understand planning for the unforseen so they can exceed expectations (good news - we're going to be early! ) is better than assuming perfection then having to disappoint (sorry - we're going to be late. ).

The only mistakes, VERY minor (not even issues really), are a very, very small scuff on the Austin. So tiny as to be invisible amongst the natural marks in the leather until you get very close and run your finger over it and feel a slight roughness. Might not have even happened during shipping, and much too small to even bother touching up. The other - they pulled the wrong chair off instead of the Sadler at first and got it all the way in the house - it was completely covered and wrapped, so I didn't want to pull that off to check it before it went through the door. No biggie - they're the ones that had to carry it back out.

They were very nice, very professional - two typically soft-spoked brothers from NC. Do Carolinians ever raise their voice? THIS IS MICHIGAN! YOU NEED TO USE VOLUMES SUITABLE FOR TALKING OVER MUSCLE CAR EXHAUST, CLATTERING FARM MACHINERY, AND STEEL STAMPING PLANTS TO GET THROUGH TO US! No problem recommending them based on this experience.

<laughing> Yes indeed, Sun has figured it out. Folks are generally very tolerant of delays and changes as long as you keep them informed.. Trouble begin when the communication channels break down, as they have with most delivery companies who forget they are in the customer service business, not the freight hauling business. Plus, as a retailer - if my customer has a poor experience with the delivery company they are not likely to order from me ever again, so they do become my representative at point of contact. Everyone makes mistakes, we all know that. But the key is communication and working quickly and efficiently to resolve errors. Sun does that.

Austin High Back Tilt and a Sadler Recliner. Two best chairs in the H&M line (along with the Author chair). Good picks!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

organic_smallhome Guest

How was the nap? Lovely chairs.

Bryanatkinson Guest

They look really nice. Great design indeed.
    I wonder how much they cost?

hglaber Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanatkinson View Post
    They look really nice. Great design indeed.
    I wonder how much they cost?
    No need to wonder - just PM our illustrious leader. That's him two comments down