Thread: Stressed out over Austin Tilt Backs!

JanB611 Guest

Default Stressed out over Austin Tilt Backs!

Hi All - I'm considering the Austin Tilt Chair for my den which I use primarily for sitting, watching TV and laptop use (dare I admit to eating on a good leather chair???). Truthfully, I'm not crazy about the design but realize that a majority consider the Austin the most comfortable casual chair in the H&M line and comfort is important in my decision making process. I did sit in a 2032 and found it quite comfortable. I also sat in a 2038 and felt somewhat lost in the chair but don't know if it was just relative to 2032 or if it really is too big for me (I'm 5'4").
    Q1: Can a taller person (6'+) be comfortable in a 2032 with or w/o head support?
    Q2: Am I right that the 2038 might be too big for me?

Does anyone have the 2232 Austin? I think I might like the back cushion style a little better than the others but is it as comfortable? Why is the seat cushion so puffy? Will it compress?
    See: http://hancockandmoore.com/product.asp?productid=1423
    One last question: I like the fact that this 2232 Austin chair is a little taller than the 2032 but the seat cushion is only 19" deep which is 2" less than the other Austins. Is a 19" depth enough for the average person?

Any input you can provide about the 3 Austin tilts is much appreciated. If you have any other chair in the H&M line that you find extremely comfortable for tv, laptop use (with ottomon, tilt not necessary) please advise!
    Thanks much
    JB

Default Re: Stressed out over Austin Tilt Backs!

Yes, a 6' person CAN be comfortable in the 2032 Tilt Back, but they will be MORE comfortable in the 2038 High Back. However at 5' 4" the 2032 is the right choice for you, the larger one is overkill.

Skip the 2232 series, they're not good. I almost never sell them. Look at the new 2010 Angelo series if you want a more stylish version of the Austin. They sit well and are more transitional.

19" depth is on that loose cushion, which compresses as soon as you sit in it. Should be perfect for you.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

JanB611 Guest

Duane, thanks for responding to my questions. I put it out to the group with the hope of sparing you from having to respond to what must seem like very repetitive questions! In any event, I'll look at leathers and hopefully get back to you via PM in time to take advantage of the August promo. Didn't realize it would be this difficult to make a few simple decisions! The service you provide makes it well worth ordering through you.
    Jan

Answering questions is what the forum is all about, Jan....always glad to do it.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.