Thread: FR Layout & Pics

Csmrh Guest

Default FR Layout & Pics

I am interested in ideas for maximal seating in my open floor plan family room. We like a more traditional look. You will notice some IKEA pieces as we actually lived in Sweden for 5 years and had to buy furniture there (it's either Ikea or very expensive antique style furniture). We had a limited budget for furnishings while there, however, we were able to bring them back to the U.S.

I have looked at the H&M City Sofa in the Town & Country, but it seems a little plain. The furniture dealers where I live have only a couple of floor samples and I want to sit in the frame to make sure it is comfortable. I just saw the BY 703-95 SHEFFIELD sofa and recliner. I really liked the way both of them sat as well as the look. So my question is will 2 full sofas and a recliner fit in my room as well as maybe a swivel chair (of a fabric upholstery). My family of 5 fight over comfortable seating! My parents just retired and will be visiting more often as well. Additionally, I would like suggestions for end tables etc.

Finally, could you give me your pricing for 2 sofas and the recliner in the leather color pictured on the B&Y website. I believe it was the same one I saw in the store.

Thank you in advance for suggestions and pricing!

Stephanie

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic2.jpg 
Views:	411 
Size:	190.5 KB 
ID:	2797Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic1.jpg 
Views:	414 
Size:	192.2 KB 
ID:	2798Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic5.jpg 
Views:	434 
Size:	197.8 KB 
ID:	2799Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic4.jpg 
Views:	414 
Size:	192.2 KB 
ID:	2800Click image for larger version. 

Name:	room layout.jpg 
Views:	430 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	2801

Csmrh Guest

Default Re: FR Layout & Pics

One more picture:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic3.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	191.5 KB 
ID:	2802

if that was my room (and its quite handsome), I'd put a sectional in there without hesitation. A 3-2 combo (Sofa, Corner, Loveseat), replace the hard coffee table with a tufted leather ottoman, and then use a swivel rocker (with or without a recliner) over by the TV and windows. The chair right next to the fireplace is too crowded and I'd remove it. Instead, if you want another seating are there consider a fireplace stool like this:

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=2101

You have the perfect room for a sectional!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

MJM_CA Guest

Beautiful room! Love your fireplace.

I like Duane's suggestions. A Sundance sectional floated in that room could be spectacular. The knotty pine furniture doesn't seem to live up to the sophistication of the room. I would look for some traditional style wood tables that complement the darker cabinetry by your fireplace...perhaps with some glass tops.

Monique Guest

You have a wonderful room to work with. The TV looks lonely where it is. I wonder if it is possible to hang the TV on the wooden wall unit to the right of the fireplace. I've seen paintings hung on the front of book shelves so a TV might work as well. That would give you more options for furniture placement and would also keep you from looking into the light of the windows while watching TV. Maybe someone could hold it up for you and you could see what you think.

About the City Sofa. We have that sofa and added nail head trim. It TOTALLY changes the looks of the sofa..helps it to look more traditional and classy at the same time. We bought it bec. it was a little higher than some and the smaller version is not as deep which is perfect for older persons to get in and out of.

I don't like seeing the back of the sofa when you walk into the room. If you could move the TV, you could reverse the sofas. Granted one would be in front of the window.

You have lots of options in a large room like you have.