Thread: Journey Sofa and Roscoe Sofa

speakeasy Guest

Question Journey Sofa and Roscoe Sofa

I have been looking at sofas and two have caught my eye. One is made by Hancock and Moore and is called the 1724 Journey. The other is made by Taylor King and is called either 1018-03 fabric or L1018-03 leather Roscoe. Looking at the two they seem surprisingly similar. Are they? Does Taylor King use the same leathers as Hancock and Moore? If not, how do I find them? I don't see them on their website. Is there much price difference?

Journey

Roscoe

Default Re: Journey Sofa and Roscoe Sofa

They are two different and distinct companies and do not share frames/leathers/fabrics. They are built to the same production standards however, and owned by the same group of men (give or take one or two partners). Taylor King leathers are not as extensive as H&M's as they are primarily an upholstery house, whereas H&M is primarily a leather house. To my knowledge, the TK leathers are not on line anywhere. I do have the TK leathers in my store as should most dealers who stock the leather line. Price is going to be comparable.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

speakeasy Guest

Thank you so much for the answer to my crazy question. I guess it's the arms that made them look similar. It is interesting they are owned by the same group of men. Is furniture going the way of the world where the big swallow the little? Pardon my digression. They both look very comfy. I see there is also a Journey Lounger. Is it as comfy, as say, the Sadler Recliner?

Duane, do you find most of your customers buy matching pieces, for example, a Journey Sofa and Journey Lounger in matching leathers or do they mix it up? I am considering the Journey Sofa in Aspen Saddle and two Sadler Recliners in Aspen Tobacco for my den. But, I don't want guests wondering what the heck I was thinking, if you know what I mean. Is it feasible, or even doable, to change the Journey Sofa's front round bun feet to a square foot so it would more match the Sadler? Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Lastly, what kind of time frame are we looking at this time of year? Is Christmas delivery possible?

Oh no, the group of owners we are talking about started up these companies from scratch or else bought them when they were the verge of failure and re-vitalized them. They are in the trenches every day and work hard to maintain quality and deliver a premium product.

Journey and Sadler recliners are both excellent. I may be a little biased towards the Sadler as it's what I have in my own home, but you will not go wrong with either.

Some folks go for a match, others mix 'em up. There is no right or wrong it's just preference. We often can swap legs however there is usually a small surcharge to do so. Personallly I'd not worry about a match on Sadler with Journey, let each piece be unique...

Yes we can get a before Christmas delivery on leathers that are in-stock but dont wait too long. Production times are currently 8 to 10 weeks and the delivery company will take at least 2 weeks, so you can see we are right in that time window now.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.