Thread: Thanks to Duane and Sun Delivery

RColby Guest

Thumbs up Thanks to Duane and Sun Delivery

We couldn't be more happy with our new H&M City Sofa and Austin Tilt-back Chair and Ottoman that we purchased from Duane and had delivered to our Boston area home by Sun Delivery.

We started our search for new leather furniture in the summer, making the rounds of several local (Boston area) furniture stores before becoming discouraged at the mediocre quality of many of the offerings in our price range. We were impressed with the styles and quality from Bradington-Young and especially Hancock and Moore, but the prices we were quoted were far outside our budget.

Turning to the internet, we quickly came across Duane Collie and after reading many helpful suggestions on this forum, we contacted him for some quotes. His prices were far lower than any others we had been quoted, and he was patient while we went back and forth on a few models from B-Y and H&M. We have a very narrow doorway, and Duane offered to take a look at pictures of our entry and its dimensions in order to recommend the models that would fit. He was confident the H&M City Sofa would make it through the doorway, telling us that with a #2 square bit driver we could remove the front legs if necessary to ensure an easy installation. (As it turns out, the sofa just fit without having to remove the legs.)

While Duane is extremely familiar with the whole H&M line and is an expert on all their leather options, he was gracious and helpful as we sorted through the married cover options that were within our budget. He suggested a way to tie in the look of the recliner and sofa we were interested in by switching the legs on the Austin Tilt-Back and Ottoman to match those on the City Sofa. In addition, he recommended that we use the married cover leather from the sofa on the recliner so the pieces would look better together in a living room grouping. The very small increase in cost for this change was well worth it, as the married cover leather that came with the recliner would not have matched well with either of the married cover options for the sofa.

After paying the deposit with a check (for which Duane offered us an additional discount!) we promptly received the order confirmation from Duane, along with helpful information about the delivery process. Several weeks later Duane called to let us know our furniture was ready for delivery, and we were given a tracking number that allowed us to follow our shipment as it headed to Boston. Sun Delivery gave us a two day window for delivery, which was narrowed to a 4 hour window the day before.

The delivery driver, Scott Soles, and his partner arrived on time and were amazingly professional, polite, fast and efficient. When I warned Scott about our narrow doorway, he put me at ease right away by mentioning he had a lot of experience negotiating much tighter doorways and hallways in New York City. Sure enough, everything slid right in, and they positioned the furniture in our living room right where we wanted it.

They waited patiently while I double-checked all the pieces to make sure there was no damage. Honestly, I was surprised that I couldn't find even the tiniest nick, scratch or blemish on either the leather or the wood. I was prepared to have to do some minor touchups if necessary, but everything was in perfect shape. I can see why Duane uses Sun Delivery. They are as attentive to detail as he is.

For anyone considering placing an order with Duane and having it shipped across the country, I hope that our entirely positive experience will encourage you to pick up the phone and call Duane today. Though it may not seem logical, working with Duane by phone and email was much easier and much more pleasant than dealing with our local furniture stores. He knows more about this business than anyone I've ever met, and I can't wait to travel to Alexandria, VA to thank him in person some day soon.

Default Re: Thanks to Duane and Sun Delivery

All those accolades have me blushing! But THANK YOU, and I am truly appreciative of your patronage and that you trust me with your order. Best of all, I think you will find that your new furniture will give you many great years of superb service, just treat it with a little cleaner and leather conditioner occasionally.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

organic_smallhome Guest

Default Re: Thanks to Duane and Sun Delivery

Congratulations on your new furniture! Any chance you could share some photos?