Thread: Need sofa & chair recommendations

LSUMommy Guest

Default Need sofa & chair recommendations

First, this is a wonderful forum!!! I've learned so much from reading threads posted by others here. We are currently building a house and have many rooms of furniture to purchase. For the living room, I need a large, deep sofa that is very comfortable. I prefer clean, classic lines and not too casual or formal. Just your basic, comfy sofa. I also need 2 side chairs & I tend to gravitate towards a traditional club chair.

For the sofa, I'm looking for a upper-mid to upper line brand in upholstery. Mid-line for the chairs. Could you please recommend some brands that would fall into these categories?

Thanks so much!

organic_smallhome Guest

Default Re: Need sofa & chair recommendations

My suggestions: Hancock & Moore, Baker

Stowers Furniture Guest

There are many different brands that would fit your criteria! Sherrill has an excellent selection of good quality and durable sofas, as well as Century and Baker. For the chairs- I would check out Hickory Chair, Sam Moore, and again Sherrill. All these brands plus many more can be found at Stowers Furniture! They even have in house designers that will help you find the best fit and look for you and your home!

wintersummer Guest

LSUMommy - we are in a similar situation, although not building a new house, but moving to retirement community and replacing our 25 year old + furniture.

I've done lots and lots of research and we've settled on Hancock and Moore for our two sofas. Here's the link to the York sofa: http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=2043 It's so comfortable and very deep. We also plan to buy the Metro sofa. Metro is for living space, York is for den.

Keep posting with questions!