Thread: hancock & moore recliner mechanism

bob s Guest

Default hancock & moore recliner mechanism

duane. been the upholstery bis for some 30 years and is always a challenge to find parts.anyway i have a weymuth bustle back by hankcock moore and need a placement mech.contacted h&m parts. they said i need the dealer to order it. hello their out of business 10 plus years ago. I did order 2 of the same back in nov 09. but didn't save the invoices. can you help. thanks bob

Default Re: hancock & moore recliner mechanism

Sure, I can order a mechanism for you to fit a Weymuth Recliner. Typically they run around $ 120 +/- or so, plus shipping. I will be at Market on Monday, so call my store on Tuesday and we can get this all set for you. 703-360-6399.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

OD0704 Guest

I have a Hancock & Moore "Miller Bustle Back Recliner" # 7017 that has a broken recliner mechanism. The mehanism has bent and bowed outward and won't close any longer (from my children sitting on the leg rest while extended over the years). I Purchased the unit in 2005 from Boyles.... and there's my problem, No more Boyles. Is this mechanism something you could order? I'm curious about installation too. I'm fairly handy, but not sure if this is something I want to dive into. Right now it's only the mechanism that needs to be replaced... don't need to add any insult to injury. I'd appreciate any advise you could give - or point me in the right direction.

The Mechanism for a # 7017 Miller is going to run $ 175 plus $ 30 shipping and I'll be glad to order it for you, just give a call to the store 703-360-6399. As you probably figured out, they can't take the torque of kids sitting on the extended footrest, that's just too much weight on that piece.

Installation: Takes an upholsterer about one hour to put one in. I've not installed one myself yet, but a good friend of mine who builds car engines and is a very competent mechanic did his own and said it was 'touch and go' on who was going to win the battle, him or the recliner. He said it took him 2 and a half hours and scratched him all up. So there ya go!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.