Thread: New cushions for sofa?

Linda p Guest

Default New cushions for sofa?

Hi,
    I bought a leather sofa about 10 years ago. The cushions aren't supportive any more and the back cushions have gotten kind of misshapen. So I was thinking about buying new cushion inserts. I unzipped the cushions and they were all labeled as Bradington Young 558-95. Someone told me that BY has a lifetime replacement warranty on cushions. Is this true? The confusing part is the sofa doesn't have a sewn in label - just the white flappy tag attached under the seat cushion - and it says manufactured by Alexander Taylor, Hickory Division. I don't know what the relationship between BY and Alexander Taylor was 10 years ago - but my sofa is the same one that BY has on their website as 558-95. So - would BY replace the cushions that are labeled with Bradington Young 558-95? The furniture store where I bought it wasn't very helpful - just told me that Alexander Taylor is out of business and they don't sell BY anymore. Thanks for whatever help you can give!

Default Re: New cushions for sofa?

558-95 is a Bradington Young Sofa number, and I would assume that is what you have, BY will warranty cushion cores lifetime, but they will not pay the shipping for you. Expect about $ 120 shipping charges on a set of cores. You cannot order them direct and have to go through a dealer to get them, and it takes about 3 weeks once ordered. If you need help ordering them, I'll will assist at no charge to you (you would pay actual freight charges), just PM me for assistance.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

rich703 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    558-95 is a Bradington Young Sofa number, and I would assume that is what you have, BY will warranty cushion cores lifetime, but they will not pay the shipping for you. Expect about $ 120 shipping charges on a set of cores. You cannot order them direct and have to go through a dealer to get them, and it takes about 3 weeks once ordered. If you need help ordering them, I'll will assist at no charge to you (you would pay actual freight charges), just PM me for assistance.
    Sorry to revive old thread but I am trying to replace BY sofa cores and my retailer is is out of business. If you would still be willing to help order I would thank you for reaching out. Not accepting PM so had to post.

Sure. Send me an email to keepingroom@gmail.com. Will need the following to order new cores:

Model # of the piece.
    Copy or Photo of your original receipt
    Name, address, phone number.

Once I can check and see if the pattern is something they still have, then I will have to collect for the shipping fee and will call you. Takes about three weeks to get them once ordered. If they no longer have the pattern for your model, then they cannot be ordered.

Duane
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.