Thread: Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

Default Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

As Thanksgiving rolls up, be thankful for distractions of small things like picking the right leather for your sofa, or how firm your cushions should be on a new sofa.

One of our forum members has stomach cancer and we've been PM'ing on the side back and forth as he prepared to go see the same cancer surgeon I had at Johns Hopkins. He had the procedure about 10 days ago and one of the finest oncology surgeons in the world could not remove his cancer. I just found out from him yesterday in a PM and that news was just devastating. That's the big stuff.

Enjoy the pleasure of figuring out the little stuff and be grateful for health in your life.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

MRSSQRDAWAY Guest

Default Re: Don't Sweat the Small Stuff

Thanks again for that reminder. My brother was buried this past Monday.And thank you for this site. I have been on it at all hours of the day and night, to take my mind off the "big stuff" To forget the pain in my heart and just read, look at photos, and decide between protected and un protected...

Jane A Guest

Thoughts and prayers to everyone who are going through the "big stuff". Know that we have you in our hearts.

levitt11 Guest

Thanks for the reminder Duane - it makes me thankful for the things I have in my life - rather than dwell on some of the negative aspects - which sometimes are more than one should bear - everyone goes through trying times in life - whether it be health concerns - or other very trying issues - but as you say "don't sweat the small stuff"...good reminder at this time of year !!

Prayers to those whom need them, as said "going through the big stuff in life"...

organic_smallhome Guest

This is terrible news. I don't know the forum member in question, but am sending all the good energy I can, worthwhile or not, and hoping for an unexpected reversal. And good energy, as well, to any of our members going through "the big stuff."

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't appreciate life as fully as I should, and reading your post provided an overdue wake-up call, so thank you.