Awesome, well worth the price!

Vegas Guest

Default Re: H&M # 5628 Carmen in Hand-Antiqued Sunset Grade 3 leather

Gee whiz, I wish it were me!

MADEINUSA Guest

is this still for sale?

That one sold long ago. While the Carmen sofa is still in the line, that leather had been dropped. There are still many other hides it will look good in, but I always think that design and the options lend themselves well to the burnished leathers.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Vegas Guest

With a Antelope Saddle chair/ottoman and 2 matching dark brown BY recliners in our family room it is a challenge to come up with a good contrast. The Burnished leathers may solve the problem. We are a little weary of the red, brown hues. However, it is what it is. To add interest we thought perhaps adding an embossed leather for trim purposes might do the trick, because right now the room is a little boring.

These are a few of the possibilities (being a complete novice), I came up with by looking at photos and the H&M website leathers. We know we need to get samples but would like help in trying to figure out a good look for the Carmen sofa.

Imperial Whiskey Burnished paired with Nile Croc Burnished. (I know class 3 and 5 would be an ouch)
    Buckingham Cocoa or Whiskey burnished with Venice Harness
    Continental chocolate or sable with Boa Mink

It it all too much overkill considering the beautiful stitching on the Carmen? We need help, really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    With a Antelope Saddle chair/ottoman and 2 matching dark brown BY recliners in our family room it is a challenge to come up with a good contrast. The Burnished leathers may solve the problem. We are a little weary of the red, brown hues. However, it is what it is. To add interest we thought perhaps adding an embossed leather for trim purposes might do the trick, because right now the room is a little boring.

These are a few of the possibilities (being a complete novice), I came up with by looking at photos and the H&M website leathers. We know we need to get samples but would like help in trying to figure out a good look for the Carmen sofa.

Imperial Whiskey Burnished paired with Nile Croc Burnished. (I know class 3 and 5 would be an ouch)
    Buckingham Cocoa or Whiskey burnished with Venice Harness
    Continental chocolate or sable with Boa Mink

It it all too much overkill considering the beautiful stitching on the Carmen? We need help, really bad.
    You know what? That piece has so many features on it that you don't need to do exotic leathers on it, they're not going to add to it. Just pick a GR 3 burnished leather and go with it, you don't need the GR 5 panels on it.
    Duane Collie

Vegas Guest

Okay, I just sent my sample requests to you.

Thanks so much!

campbtl Guest

Hi, I have a question about the leather on this peice. You list it as Hand Antiqued Sunset, with a nutmeg finish. I only find Hand Antiqued Saddle on H & M site. Was this a boo-boo or is that leather discontinued? And the nutmeg finish? Is that a colored protective finish? Thanks for any additional info. I really love this sofa, and we want to understand the leather options before we order anything.

MADEINUSA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by campbtl View Post
    Hi, I have a question about the leather on this peice. You list it as Hand Antiqued Sunset, with a nutmeg finish. I only find Hand Antiqued Saddle on H & M site. Was this a boo-boo or is that leather discontinued? And the nutmeg finish? Is that a colored protective finish? Thanks for any additional info. I really love this sofa, and we want to understand the leather options before we order anything.
    Duane has mentioned this in a different post,apparently the hand antiqued sunset leather is dropped.i
    That's really a shame as it is a beautiful leather and really wanted to have the same for my next sofa.
    Thanks

Yes, that leather's full name is Hand Antiqued Sunset Burnished and it was dropped due to low sales demand. I thought it was a GREAT leather and have two chairs in my house made up in that hide. Now, if you really 'gotta have it', I still have a Yosemite sofa done in Hand Antiqued Sunset Burnished in my showroom, with optional gimp, buffalo & hand hammered nails and "I" stitching. This is most likely the only new sofa anywhere that you can still purchase in that particular cover.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	554 
Size:	194.2 KB 
ID:	4001  
    Last edited by drcollie; 09-24-2012 at 03:30 PM.
    Duane Collie