Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: H&M # 5628 Carmen in Hand-Antiqued Sunset Grade 3 leather

campbtl Guest

Default Re: H&M # 5628 Carmen in Hand-Antiqued Sunset Grade 3 leather

Sorry about that. Ancient laptop...will...not.....move, and I skipped page two.

Vegas Guest

I agree, the Hand Antiqued Sunset Burnished is a beautiful hide. Your Yosemite sofa looks great with it. Like the other forum member I seem to be stuck on the Carmen. I am patiently waiting for almost all the burnished leather samples to arrive.

The Carmen sofa seems to be a little more on the elegant side and the Yosemite more informal. I bet you sell a lot of both. The Yosemite is wider but not taller than the Carmen and looks more cushy comfy. Oh dear.

What is it about that hand antiqued sunset that it looks so beautiful on two different sofas!

The Carmen is a little smaller overall than the Yosemite, and full of compound curves together with a detailed back. Its much more 'artistic' than the Yosemite and costs, more, too! In furniture, curves cost money. The more curves, the higher the price. It's a sharp piece that makes other sofas next to it seem very plain by comparison.

While that leather is dropped, there are still plenty of other very nice burnished leathers to choose from, really and truly. You won't have difficulty finding one that's suitable.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

MADEINUSA Guest

Just arrived last evening,carmen in hand antiqued sunset leather and 2 valencia chairs.
    Its been a long wait (approx 3 months) but really worth it.Very very pleased and ecstatic right now.
    As many have mentioned earlier,its been a pleasure doing business with Duane.Valuable advice at every step of the process from selecting the sofa and chairs,choosing the leather and finish,excellent customer service and he never complained even if I had to change some details once the order was processed through.
    Sun delivery did an excellent job ,quick efficient and safe delivery of the pieces .
    Need help uploading the photos....

MADEINUSA Guest

https://plus.google.com/photos/10085...IPcroDm2NWZtAE

here is the link for the carmen sofa and valencia chairs pictures.

Very nice! They look great in the room - photos appear slightly reddish (I have found that Hand Antiqued Sunset Burnished leather is incredibly hard to accurately photograph). I know we had to wait for that leather as H&M had at first dropped it from inventory and then brought it back onto the line at my request, so we got 'caught' in that re-distribution of acquiring the hides - hence that long wait. Looks like you have LOTS of snow on the ground - wow.

Thanks for your confidence in placing your order with my store, its most appreciated and we have your next group of Hancock & Moore in the works as well.

Here's a little tip for that leather as well, if you ever get an abrasion mark in the hide, take a little hand lotion such as Vaseline Intensive Care and massage it into the abrasion area. Do two or three applications and work it in with your hand and the flaw will virtually disappear.
    Duane Collie

MADEINUSA Guest

Thanks Duane ,it was an awesome experience buying from you.
    Great looking pieces,little crinkly though but I am sure it will pass as the leather breaks in.
    I need to change the Rug,it just pales against the sofa and chairs.
    any suggestions for the colors on rug?

Yes, that leather will 'break-in' with use, actually takes about a year or so, believe it or not!

Your rug is a bit too formal, I'd like a tribal rug in there, to go more with the hand-crafted nature of the leather on the upholstery. You know that I have the same leather in my library at home, on a pair of Tannery chairs. Here' the rug I use with my chairs (in the first photo), it's a handwoven Turkish, Vegetable dyed rug with a huge amount of colors going on - vibrant.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...Lets-talk-rugs

Buying a rug is like buying a painting - it has to talk to YOU, not me - or your decorator. This is what I happen to like, but it may not appeal to you. I think rug shopping is a blast, you get to see so many types and designs its hard to not come home with several. Be aware that a good Turkish rug done like this will run you about $ 80 a square foot, however. This is one they just got in, a Prayer Rug that's about 5 x 7 or so (you don't need to go under the furniture necessarily).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WL197875-Pr2e.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	4382

I use these guys for my rugs mostly, and have about a dozen of theirs in my store Browse the site and look at some of the different collections and patterns - have some fun imagining....

http://wovenlegends.com/carpets/
    Last edited by drcollie; 02-17-2013 at 12:50 PM.
    Duane Collie

Vegas Guest

The Hand Painted Antiqued Sunset leather is hard to distinguish in color after viewing the posted photos. However, any thoughts on a brown leather with a touch of red that would go with the Carmen? I am considering several chairs but my favorite is the new Saddle Chair 5798-1 based on the dimensions and the contemporary look.

Curious about the Weston leather because it has so many positive comments. Currently, I have a sample of Cameo Mocha Burnished that is appealing. I have a chair in Cameo Brown Burnished that is very nice, but want to consider other leathers.

As you know firsthand, seeing photos and then getting the real thing in a burnished leather can be a wee different.

Weston is an excellent hide, one of my favorites. It won't have a high-low tone value like the burnished leathers but it will be softer, too.
    Duane Collie