Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: H&M # 5628 Carmen in Hand-Antiqued Sunset Grade 3 leather

Vegas Guest

Default Re: H&M # 5628 Carmen in Hand-Antiqued Sunset Grade 3 leather

Did I mention I am in love with the Carmen? Honestly, it is more than a sofa, its a work of art.

Do you think Weston Mocha on the Saddle Chair would be okay with the the Carmen's Hand Antiqued Sunset Burnished leather? Also, what about the Cameo Mocha Burnished leather?

Know what I like about the Carmen? There's not a straight line on the whole piece, its all about gentle curves on every surface plane. That's what makes it so handsome and so unique.

I think either of those hides will work well. You'll just get two different looks.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Vegas Guest

Duane, need and appreciate your input.

I know the Cameo's look, but how does the Weston's differ? I will be sending a sample request soon. I kind of feel a little lost about the way to go with a different leather that would work best with the Carmen and the two dark brown "finished" BY recliners in the room.

I'm actually wondering how the Weston Sunrise Burnished would compare to Hand Antiqued Sunset Burnished - color-wise. How does the burnishing change the feel (or does it?) of the Weston leather?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Duane, need and appreciate your input.

I know the Cameo's look, but how does the Weston's differ? I will be sending a sample request soon. I kind of feel a little lost about the way to go with a different leather that would work best with the Carmen and the two dark brown "finished" BY recliners in the room.

zonian59 Guest

I am planning to purchase a sofa and two rloungerss for my living room. Because the room is an open space, all three pieces will be floated. As one enters the foyer, the first piece of furniture seen is the sofa in the living room. Therefore, I selected the Carmen Sofa, which has a beautiful back. It has been difficult to select a Lounger by just looking at the dimensions of loungers featured on H&M site, but I finally settled on the 7112 Cross Moore Lounger. I’m looking for a lounger with a seat depth of no more than 20”. All three pieces will be covered in the same leather—#5810 Imperial Cordovan Burnished.

I anticipate making the following adjustments to these pieces:

Carmen Sofa:
    1 Replace the bottom nails with the buffalo nickel nails.

Cross Moore Lounger:
    1 Replace the bottom nails with the buffalo nickel nails.
    2 Add the bottom nails to the back of the lounger.
    3 In order to coordinate with the Carmen sofa, should I also add gimp to the bottom row of buffalo nails?
    4 Add “I” stitching to the loungers. “I” stitching is standard on the Carmen sofa.
    5 The nails on the side of the modified wing end at the top of the chair. Should these nails continue on the back of the chair?

If the above adjustments are made, my guess is the back of the Cross Moore loungers would have buffalo nickels across the bottom, A nails across the top and two rows of “I” stitching down the back. My goal is to add interest to the back of the chairs. Will this work?

Nails—After looking at the chart of nails online, I would like to substitute the standard nails of A & AA with G & H or Y & Z. Duane will you provide me guidance on the nail selection.

Legs—I would like to coordinate the look of the legs on the sofa and loungers by either
    1 Replace the style of legs on the Carmen sofa with legs on the 4716 Sundance Sofa or something similar and replace Cross Moore lounger legs with legs on 7106 Rugby lounger. OR
    2 Replace the legs on the Cross Moore lounger with legs on 7109 Lloyd lounger or something similar.

Again, I will need guidance here. Not knowing the length of the legs, my selection is just based on eyeballing the length in the photographs.

Cushions—I haven’t made a decision on whether to order ultra down or standard cushions. Because I have not sat in a chair or sofa with standard cushions, I leaning towards the ultra down.

Ceci

vhoward Guest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pavilion-twilight.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	6581
    Carmen is the most gorgeous and different sofa! I am seriously contemplating it. I sat in Sundance at local dealer, loved it although it is too large for our space.
    The questions I have about Carmen are: is the back a comfortable angle for tv viewing, chatting etc? It appears to be in side view but with no floor model available....
    I do love the Sunset leather in the pics ( we already have too much reddish browns in house) what about Equestrian Merlot, Capri or Envy leather to go with our rug above?
    Any thoughts? BTW Duane you are the best out there!
    Last edited by vhoward; 10-22-2014 at 11:18 AM.

Love that Sofa ...but once again I failed to notice the date of the first post. Some lucky family has undoubtedly been enjoying this one now for about four years.
    Last edited by wisejd; 10-22-2014 at 01:45 PM.

whoward, the Sundance comes in two sizes, so don't know if you had seen the 110" W or the #4716 Sundance Sofa
    Height 38.5", Width 84", Depth 49.5". The Carmen is 37" H x 88.75" W x 41" D. We have the #4716 Sundance and love it, very comfortable and perfect angle of the back.

vhoward Guest

Thanks for the info wisejd! Getting Sundance thru our front door 35ish inches inside jam to jam was a huge concern as was it's depth in the space allotted. As it is 10 inches deeper than existing sofa. We both did love it. Since the back of any sofa is exposed the Carmen caught our eye. I called the local dealers and no one has it to sit in to try out for back pitch.

The Carmen is one of my very favorite sofas, I usually sell my floor model off fairly quickly when I display one. From a design perspective, I like the fact that the whole sofa is a series of curves, there's hardly a straight line on the piece. Anyone in the woodworking business knows that curves tax the craftsperson's skills and cost money to make, so - at least to me - I'm always impressed when I see a well-done sofa like this. There are thousands of slab-sided, right angle and straight sofas out there, anyone can build one of those. How many complex curved ones to you see? Not many! Its the 'Art of Upholstery' you have with a Carmen.

I find them very comfortable as well, but I do like tight back sofas, I prefer not to sink into a sofa and be enveloped by it, I like to be supportive and sit on top of a piece, not in it. So if that's your like as well, the Carmen would do well for you. Its also a frame that I have never had the first negative feedback on from folks who have bought one. They all seem to really enjoy it.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.