Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: H&M # 5628 Carmen in Hand-Antiqued Sunset Grade 3 leather

Default Re: H&M # 5628 Carmen in Hand-Antiqued Sunset Grade 3 leather

We found the (high back) Sundance sofa more comfortable than the (extremely gorgeous) Carmen sofa.

We have not decided upon a sofa yet for our living room, or for sure, whether we will get one at all to replace our 9 year old Bradington Young sofa. We were thinking of the power reclining Sundance but: a) it is expensive compared to the non power b) I heard that it may not be as comfortable, or as long lasting, as the stationary H&M sofas (8 way hand tied and all).

H&M has some gorgeous (I repeat - gorgeous) sofas and they all sit (slightly to greatly) different from one another. We are fortunate to have a large H&M dealer in Denver where we have had the opportunity to "test sit" on 15 or so different H&M sofas. What is frustrating is what is comfortable for me is not to my wife, and vice versa. To find one that is: a) pretty and b) comfortable for both of us - is going to be a challenge!

Good luck! It's all so fun isn't it!

Default Re: H&M # 5628 Carmen in Hand-Antiqued Sunset Grade 3 leather

I sat in a Sundance Power Reclining Sofa on Monday at the H&M showroom - I certainly didn't think it was the least but uncomfortable - its pretty plush. The only negative I see on that unit is its REALLY heavy, around 325 lb. That means two men will struggle lifting it, so you have to have wide openings as lift duration is short unless you have four movers. It's not a piece you would want to try to put into a home with tight hallways and doors.

No motion unit from any maker will be as solid as a stationary unit, and that's because of moving parts, plain and simple. Almost any product in any industry that features moving parts will be as robust as one that does not. Having said that, I see very few motion hardware or power source failures and most are from abuse (teenagers jumping onto one another in the recliner when its open, etc).

FYI, the Sundance recliner is the # 2 selling motion chair in the line, only surpassed in volume by the # 1021 Woodbridge - and that's because the latter is sold in promo in groups of six or more to dealers.

You do have an excellent H&M dealers in Denver - never been to their store, but I hear about them at the H&M showroom at Market.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.