Thread: H&M # 1724 Journey Sofa in Document Tobacco

Default H&M # 1724 Journey Sofa in Document Tobacco

This is the Married Cover in the current Town and Country Promotion for the Journey Series.

Name:  J1.jpg
Views: 4296
Size:  97.0 KB
    Name:  J2.jpg
Views: 5403
Size:  139.4 KB
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

homestay Guest

Default Re: H&M # 1724 Journey Sofa in Document Tobacco

this looks good.. could you PM a price for this ? thanks.

I purchased this sofa and the matching recliner from Duane last year. I went with the T & C in Document Tobacco because that's what I could afford. I was a little nervous ordering long-distance and was concerned about the "low-end" Document leather.

It's 6 months after delivery now, and I'm so so happy with the sofa and chair. They look just great in my New Mexico mountain home. The comfort is fabulous, the leather looks great, and I love owning H & M quality. The purchase and delivery experiences were excellent in every respect. The white glove delivery to my extremely remote location went without a hitch.

I'm very picky about furniture, my family owned furniture stores for many years and I grew up around fine furniture. Buying American-made leather furniture was very important to me. What's happened to furniture manufacturing in the USA is a travesty (offshore factories, deterioration of quality from previously sterling companies). I expect these pieces to last for a minimum of 25 years and they were made in North Carolina by American craftsmen and women. If you're considering the Journey sofa, you won't be disappointed and you will be supporting made in USA. And yes, I know the Document leather is from China, I had to sacrifice my principles a little there in order to afford the H & M brand.

Actually Document is not 'low-end' per se, as a 'la carte off the handles its a price grade 2 leather. Its considerably better than 'promotional' leathers from other companies. Having said that, it would not be my own personal choice for a leather as I've been completely and totally spoiled by fine aniline hides from Europe - what can I say? You work with this product every day of every year and you get to where you only REALLY like the top hides! Document is too 'worked' for my tastes and it does come from a Chinese tannery, but the 'crusts' or unfinished hides are from USA-raised cattle (China has no cattle industry to speak of) shipped over there - processed - and returned as finished goods. There are few remaining tanneries in the USA due to OSHA and EPA requirements.

Glad you are enjoying your pieces, and THANK YOU for your business!
    Duane Collie

Sorry for referring to the Document leather as low-end. You're certainly right, Duane, it's much nicer than other promotional leathers. To my untrained-in-leather eyes, it looks really nice. We're really happy with both pieces. My husband falls asleep in the lounger nearly every night. It's a good thing, he works too hard!

Thanks again for taking care of my order and the shipping to such a remote location.

Thank YOU for placing your order with me! I realize you have choices and I try to make it a positive experience. As always, the real key to having these last a long time is cleaning and maintaining that leather. I'm exploring using some new leather cleaning / conditioning products right now but before I offer them up to everyone on the forum, I want to test them on all my leather pieces at home and my car interior leather as well.
    Duane Collie