Thread: El Ran Quality -- Others

Drinal Guest

Default El Ran Quality -- Others

Hi All:

I went to a local leather store and found a sofa I liked...it was for sure decent quality but $4300 for small secctional 8'3 x 8'3 or $2100 for the reclining sofa 84'' seemed pretty high.

The brand was El Ran and from reading online there are mixed opinions about it.

I want to stay in the 4k range for the sectional or 2k range for the sofa TOPS, but I do want a high quality sofa.

I was thinking of finding what I liked and then try online but can't really find El Ran sold much...

Any help at all would be apprecaited.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinal View Post
    Hi All:

I went to a local leather store and found a sofa I liked...it was for sure decent quality but $4300 for small secctional 8'3 x 8'3 or $2100 for the reclining sofa 84'' seemed pretty high.

The brand was El Ran and from reading online there are mixed opinions about it.

I want to stay in the 4k range for the sectional or 2k range for the sofa TOPS, but I do want a high quality sofa.

I was thinking of finding what I liked and then try online but can't really find El Ran sold much...

Any help at all would be apprecaited.
    Not sure you can get high quality at those price points, it will be more like mid-line to upper mid-line. High quality sectionals are generally $ 6k and up, and recliner sofas about $ 3K and up. Sorry.

El-Ran is considered mid-line or slightly lower than....those price points seem a bit high for that brand.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

soster Guest

Spend a little more for Jaymar or a little less for Palliser.

Drinal Guest

Ok... I guess I need some education then.

I know what seperates low quality to mid-quality... The type of leather used. The quality of the reclining mechism. The fit of the leather.

8 way hand tied support with hardwood frames...

But to be honest i have no idea what seperates mid-quality from high quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinal View Post
    Ok... I guess I need some education then.

I know what seperates low quality to mid-quality... The type of leather used. The quality of the reclining mechism. The fit of the leather.

8 way hand tied support with hardwood frames...

But to be honest i have no idea what seperates mid-quality from high quality.

Pretty much all that has been posted here already, Browse the categories under LEATHER and UPHOLSTERY and I think you'll find extensive entries addressing those questions.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.