View Poll Results: What do you think about a Furniture Rewards Program?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would be more likely to purchase as a repeat customer

0 0%
  • Rewards programs have little or no effect on my purchase decisions

4 25.00%
  • I would like to see a rewards program that accumulates points to reduce purchase price

0 0%
  • I would like to see a rewards program tied to a store credit card with automatic discounts

0 0%
  • A cash back program would be what i would favor

0 0%
  • Too much too keep track of - just give me the lowest possible price each time instead

13 81.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Rewards Program?

Default Rewards Program?

I'm considering starting a rewards program in my store and would like some feedback. Not sure if I have the time and resources to set one up and maintain records, but if I were to do so I'd like to see what everyone would want in a program. Here's a poll to vote on, and it would be a big help if you were to participate and vote.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Rewards Program?

many views on this thread and not a single vote....interesting.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

organic_smallhome Guest

I think a rewards program might work very well for repeat customers. On the other hand, the quality of furniture you sell is so high, I imagine that replacement purchasers are few. Do you have many repeat customers?

hglaber Guest

I suspect they come for additional pieces (most don't buy whole room suites at once), unlike, say, an auto dealer where repeat customers come back to replace the thing they purchased on their last visit.

For me personally, there has gotten to be so much "rewards" noise from every direction, not to mention frequent failures to actually follow through (not implying that The Keeping Room wouldn't) on stuff like mail-in rebates that I've gotten to the point where I ignore them as a factor in decisions for the most part. If I buy something and there is some sort of reward and the application/redemption process isn't too onerous I'll do it, but it doesn't affect the initial purchase decision, or subsequent ones if that's required unless it is very good and applies directly to what I need and no more.

Honestly, I view them as more of a way to buy loyalty when businesses can no longer earn it through good service, which to me does not describe The Keeping Room. Airline frequent flyer programs are a classic case. Instead of "We will give better service in hopes you will use us a lot" it has turned inside out and now is "If you use us a lot we will give you better service" or at least some discounts/free tickets (at a time you don't want to go, to a place you don't want to be). But I am a salary man, not a small business owner. Another business owner with a loyalty program may strongly, and correctly, disagree.
    Last edited by hglaber; 12-24-2011 at 07:15 PM.