Thread: Experience with ***** Bay and/or Leather Groups?

chogan Guest

Default Experience with ***** Bay and/or Leather Groups?

We are considering purchasing two large sofas (96"-100") to be put on an L in our family room. I have always been quite fond of the Restoration Hardware Maxwell line due to the clean look, smaller track arms and most especially the Brompston Cocoa leather. However, the pricing for RH is quite high, especially for pieces that are now constructed in China so the floor models we tried out and were made in the US over five years ago are no longer a good structural comparison.

Due to internet search we are considering first and foremost ***** Bay (the Madison line), as well as Leather Groups (Braxton line) as both these companies state they use the same Brompton Leather as Restoration Hardware and they have furniture lines that look exactly like RH's Maxwell. Anyone had experience with either/both of these companies? Do their Madison (CB) and Braxton (LG) lines EXACTLY match RH's Maxwell? Do they feel the same? If not, what are the differences? Thanks in advance for your help!
    http://www.leathergroups.com/shop/Br...ther-Sofa.html
    http://*****bayfurniture.com/pages.php?pID=11&CDpath=0

Default Re: Experience with ***** Bay and/or Leather Groups?

I don't think you will get much back on this as you're asking for a comparison between three makers as to seating comfort and construction. One would have to either be a dealer for all three makes or have all three available to inspect in detail. Not a very likely scenario. The one maker you have asked about objects to having his products mentioned on this forum, therefore the name is censored out. Good luck in your search.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Matthew Guest

Default Re: Experience with ***** Bay and/or Leather Groups?

I can't really help you with any sort of comparison as I've only ever sat on the Restoration Hardware sofas. That said, I would have to ask myself if I really felt comfortable buying from a manufacturer who felt the need to censor comments about their product. Generally, a company that makes a quality product welcomes discussions about those products.